Aviary completed

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
kcfd55
Mature
Mature

Re: Aviary completed

Post by kcfd55 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Sree:
how do you prevent ants and common house lizards getting in to the aviary?
I forgot to mention a good product to keep ants (and other insects) out and that is "Sevin." I, of course, don't know what it would be called outside the U.S., but the active ingredient's chemical name is "Carbaryl (1-naphthyl N-methylcarbamate) 5%.

It is a powder that you scatter on the ground or in the cage. It doesn't seem to bother the birds.

Mike

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Awesome aviairy!! Congrats on the new bird/s!
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Paul's Amazing Birds
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Paul's Amazing Birds » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Hey Mike
Nice job on the aviary! I'm a few hundred miles North of you but travel to Central CA about 4 times a year. Maybe we can swap some aviary construction ideas and even some birds sometime.
Favorite hobby is continuing to improve on a landscaped, weather protected, 500 sq ft mixed aviary with 23 fascinating species. 30 years in the making; currently have
19 different Finch species, 2 types of Doves, plus 23 Button Quail and 30 pair of clear Red Factor Canaries.

kcfd55
Mature
Mature

Post by kcfd55 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Paul (?):
I'm a few hundred miles North of you but travel to Central CA about 4 times a year. Maybe we can swap some aviary construction ideas and even some birds
Sorry, but I didn't see your post until just now.

You are certainly welcome to drop by anytime. I live in Bakersfield. Just drop me a PM and we'll discuss stuff.

Mike

P.S.: I'm jealous about your button quail. People in my town don't seem to know what I'm talking about.