Outdoor Aviary Advice

For questions about finch enclosures (cages & aviaries).
Mae
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Outdoor Aviary Advice

Post by Mae » Sat May 05, 2018 7:14 pm

So I’m moving into an 18foot RV. I don’t have room inside for my zeb pair, but I have plenty of room outside. I live in Texas in the Austin area, so summers are hot. I’m of course searching for a aviary that is covered, but what are some ways to help with the heat of summer? I’m thinking going with something wooden over metal because even though the metal is more durable, I’m afraid it will get too hot. There are also marble slabs you can get for chinchillas to help keep them cool, I’m thinking maybe getting a few and maybe making them into shelves so they can rest on them... any other ideas? My rabbits will also be moving outside and I will be giving them frozen water bottles during the summer to stay cool, would it be worth it to do the same with the finches?

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: Outdoor Aviary Advice

Post by Fraza » Sun May 06, 2018 7:35 am

Mae they usually do fine I think they will cope okay if you make it out of wood and make sure they alsways have a supply of cold bath water so they can bathe in it too cool down also try not to give hot nesting material like cotton etc

If it’s going into your garden you could also place it in the corner near the edges of fence that way there should be shade on some parts atleast throughout half the day

Obviously I’m from a cold country compare to Texas but that just my advice lol goodluck

And do you speak Portuguese indicating by ur profile name
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3