Eggfood?

Learn what to feed your birds.
frillwing
Pip
Pip

Eggfood?

Post by frillwing » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Hello, how often should eggfood be changed? Daily?weekly?thanks much.peace.

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: Eggfood?

Post by Icearstorm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:12 pm

frillwing

If it's the dry kind, it should last for a few months, so long as you keep the dish away from water that could splash on it. Just check every few weeks for mold. But if it's mixed with liquid or fresh food, it should be changed daily.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:36 pm

frillwing

I leave my eggfood for a few hours.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

frillwing
Pip
Pip

Post by frillwing » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 pm

hello, this is the eggfood I’m feeding my bird. Thanks much.Peace.
https://www.amazon.com/Orlux-Gold-Patee ... =8-2-fkmr0

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by paul-inAZ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:55 am

I don't know this brand. I use Quicko which is freeze dried and lasts a very long time. I feed in amounts usually eaten in a day.

I looked up the brand you use. It sounds similar to Quicko in that it may be freeze dried. One site had this comment on its use -to refresh daily if moistened:

"It is recommended to moisten this product with germinated seeds, some drops of water, grated fruit and/or vegetables. Refresh daily. The eggfood has to be available at all times during the breeding season. Outside the season, three times a week."

Once you learn how much they will eat in a day you won't have to think about changing it.

Paul's Amazing Birds
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Paul's Amazing Birds » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:46 pm

My birds go through 4 hard boiled eggs (w/shells and all) and about 1/2 pound of Volkman Petamine Nestling Food mixed with a little water in a food processor to make a kind of crumble. Their "treat tray" is 5' long with 2 fruit/veggie trays available in addition to their 2 seed feeders. My birds are totally spoiled but I never had a problem with food spoilage even in summer, mostly because they usually finish it all off in just a few days.

Paul
Attachments
5' long Treat Tray and 2 Veggie Trays.jpg
Favorite hobby is continuing to improve on a landscaped, weather protected, 500 sq ft mixed aviary with 23 fascinating species. 30 years in the making; currently have
19 different Finch species, 2 types of Doves, plus 23 Button Quail and 30 pair of clear Red Factor Canaries.