Not eating eggs

Learn what to feed your birds.
tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:15 am

You've been lucky then Ken, or I should say your Zeb has been.

It isn't a good idea to cage hookbills with finches. I have been pinched/bitten by my budgie and it drew blood. So I can imagine what that beak could do to a tiny finch.
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

kenny
Weaning
Weaning

Post by kenny » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:55 am

yes i know i broke the golden rule but ithink that these to were that lonely they sat side by side and actually preened each other...i have had other occassions were my finches have lost toes through budgies ....what i was suggesting is to put them together and see how they get on whilst watching them and if the budgie looks like it might be nasty take it out again...in my case with the zebra i had nowhere else to put them and they both looked miserable apart so i put them together and i think they actually fell in love

ken
you can always tell a yorkshireman,but you cant tell him much

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:57 pm

I don't believe I would cage a budgie with finches even if it displayed no aggressive behavior as you can't surpervise them 24/7. Should they become annoyed with one another, it will be the finch that suffers.

Of course, everyone must do as they see fit. You may be able to house them together without problems, I just feel it isn't worth the risk.
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~