Kelp and spirulina

Learn what to feed your birds.
Jason in TX
Mature
Mature

Kelp and spirulina

Post by Jason in TX » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:14 am

I have never used kelp or spirulina but an my last order to lady g I picked up both to try them. Does anyone have any advice on how to administer them to my goulds? Do you guys mix them in seed?

monotwine
Proven
Proven

Re: Kelp and spirulina

Post by monotwine » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:30 am

It must be kept dry, so try put it far away from bath time splashes. I add it to the mineral and grit mix on offer, that way they can choose to eat it if they need it.
Too much of a good thing is also not great for them, so I never add anything to their staple seed unless its necessary for medicating.

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:06 am

Spirulina is too expensive for my pocket book, but I do give them kelp. I offer it in these things I call "thumb cups" because their about the size and shape of my thumb. It's in a rotation with a bunch of other things so they probably see it maybe ... once a week? or so.
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

slwatson
Proud Parent
Proud Parent

Post by slwatson » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:02 pm

I add a very tiny amount of spirulina to this vitamin mix I add to their egg food. That's the only time I offer it though. I used to give powered kelp, but I stopped once I started using spirulina.
Stacie
Look up Tweets & Beaks on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Tweets-Beaks-1 ... 0/?fref=ts