Eggs And Greens Anyone....

Learn what to feed your birds.
Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: Eggs And Greens Anyone....

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:35 am

lovezebs

Yep it happened. Sadly haha! Aww my poor cold girlie! You have enough toilet paper right? *giggle

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:48 am

Babs

Yes dear, shall I send you some? :wink:
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

DamonIRB
Mature
Mature

Post by DamonIRB » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Sounds like you folks need to start keeping chickens! :)

It is funny when non-bird folks find out how much you spend on birds, accessories, food, supplements, etc. But then they start talking about their hobbies and how excited they are about the new Taylor Made driver they picked up that was ONLY $500! Then they buy golf balls for $30/dozen, a different glove for driving and putting, pay for bucket after bucket on the driving range, and then pay greens fees just to play! Oh, and then they need to get a 52 degree wedge because the 54 and 56 they already have aren't cutting it. But somehow I'm wasting money on my birds.

Hmm

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:26 pm

DamonIRB

OMG you are sooooooo right!!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 pm

DamonIRB

I know what you mean.
People spend autrocious amounts on their hobbies, be it golf, cars, collectibles, etc. thousands and thousands on things that are not even alive, and here we are spending paltry amounts on eggs and greens, or bones for our dogs, and everyone is :shock: :shock: :shock: and we are the ones who are 8-} 8-} 8-}

:roll:
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Madcat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:08 pm

DamonIRB PREACH!!!! =D>
30+ Gouldians
1 Red Cheeked Cordon Bleu
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Madcat » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Babs. Omg!!!!!!! :))
30+ Gouldians
1 Red Cheeked Cordon Bleu
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl

Lucille
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Lucille » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:02 am

Right now egg prices are very low here. Walmart sells eggs in 5 dozen boxes and apparently they sell enough boxes so that no one questions that purchase.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Lucille

Right now here, the cheapest dozen of large eggs, goes for $2.88. Not sure how that compares (?)
~Elana~

Lucille
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Lucille » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:44 pm

I just checked my Walmart register receipt dated 11-30-16 and 5 dozen large eggs in a box are $4.20.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:54 pm

Lucille

Wow, that is an excellent price.
Works out to .07 an egg, compaired to .24 an egg over here (if I calculated it right), which ir really an amazing price.

Should I come down Texas way with a fridge truck and load up, lol.
Try explaining that one at the border crossing :roll:
~Elana~

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:13 am

lovezebs wrote: Hello Finchly Folk,

Is it just me, or does anyone else get funny looks at the grocery store for buying enough eggs and greens to feed an army?

I've noticed it three times now, as I unload my cart, piling up several egg cartons , and multiple bags and containers of greens on the conveyor belt thingie at the till.
I only have 2 finches and 2 parakeets so the looks *I* get are for when I buy one tiny floweret of broccoli instead of a whole head, or an ounce of hemp seed from the bulk bins.

On the other hand, when I leave Costco with 4 to 6 gallons of milk, I often have to confirm to the checker at the door that yes, I DO realize that I have many many gallons of milk. Which I drink by myself. No, I am not supplying Oiver Twist's orphanage with milk, LOL!
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 am

Sojourner

I happen to love milk as well, lol, and I have a son who must have been a bull-calf in a former lifetime, so I get the 'milk' looks as well :D .
~Elana~

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Lucille wrote: I just checked my Walmart register receipt dated 11-30-16 and 5 dozen large eggs in a box are $4.20.
WHAT! WHATWHATWHAT!

Unbelievable. I'll have to check here locally. Maybe I can split with my son. I usually buy the 18-egg carton at Costco though I noticed that eggs seem to be a little cheaper at Winco (than at Costco).

However it has been my experience that similar products at Winco are of lower quality than those I get from Costco. Croissants, for example.
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.