2 years to try vegetables

Learn what to feed your birds.
ann
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

2 years to try vegetables

Post by ann » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:28 pm

All of my birds get a nice salad mix every day. Elana's salad photos are great inspiration. Anyway, I have 5 gouldians that hatched 2 years ago that have always ignored the fresh greens. Once in a while they might nibble a bit of romaine, but other than that, no interest. Until Sunday, when they demolished the cucumber and ate some broccoli. And today they ate everything! So for anyone who's trying to get their birds to eat greens, don't give up!
2 owls
2 red-faced parrot finches
1 parrot finch hybrid
4 societies
7 gouldians
2 canaries
2 cocker spaniels

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: 2 years to try vegetables

Post by lovezebs » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:52 pm

ann

Woo hoo!!!

Congratulations :-BD

I'm so glad to hear that they have finally decided to dig in. It's so good for them.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:53 pm

they were C(g)arnivor(e)ous or what ! my two first societies were not eating egg food at all till i found the solution , i mixed it the sprout millet BOOM , no stop eating egg food since that

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:01 pm

haroun

You mention that they were 'carnivores' (?)) Were they eating meat????
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:04 pm

lovezebs no it only a joke :mrgreen: if u see i put a G&e for Granivore i try a word game but it failed :mrgreen: :P
btw i will put photos of my blind and partail blind GC , FC and fawn CFW they're 3 males and a hen

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 pm

haroun

Oops, sorry I missed the joke :wink:

Would love to see the blind babies. How are they all getting along?
~Elana~

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:59 pm

ann - glad your birds finally caught on. I wonder what made the difference. You'll have to let us know if they will still be eating everything under the sun in about a week.
My birds will eat romaine and other lettuces, broccoli, spinach, cucumber slices, chickweed, apple slices. Oops, I guess chickweed doesn't belong in this category but it's so plentiful right now that I automatically mentioned it.
Iso