What am I doing wrong??

Learn what to feed your birds.
MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Re: What am I doing wrong??

Post by MisterGribs » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:21 pm

lovezebs I guess we'll know in a day or two. I'm watching for that mold... :shock:
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:28 pm

MisterGribs

Take pictures of what's happening and post pictures on here. Let's try and figure out what's going on, eh?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 am

Here's what I've got so far and where it is. Fresh air and sunlight in a shallow substrate dish that was sterilized.
IMG_20170615_070736.jpg
IMG_20170615_070750.jpg
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:56 pm

MisterGribs

How are the seeds coming along?

Have they sprouted yet?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 pm

lovezebs they have, actually! Still no mold. I think more fresh air is what they needed1

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:11 am

MisterGribs

Excellent news.

So now you'll be growing your own finch forest for the kids to go roaming through :D .

They're going to need a little treasure map to get to the mealworm in the middle, #-o .
~Elana~

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:13 am

lovezebs Speaking of mealworms, my colony grows soooo ssslllooowwwwwwlllllyyyy. It seriously takes like 8 months for a worm to go from egg to pupa.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:29 am

MisterGribs

I haven't done much with my mealworms lately, so not entirely sure where they're at.

With my guys, they have no problem with going from worm, to pupa, to beetle, but after that everything seems to go into slow motion.

I actually have to check the containers today to see whats happening with them.
~Elana~

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:26 pm

lovezebs same here, a lot of the ones we buy from the store transform overnight.