Orlux Gold Patee question and best food for paranting

Learn what to feed your birds.
Tage
Pip
Pip

Orlux Gold Patee question and best food for paranting

Post by Tage » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:51 am

Hi! I live in Sweden and it´s hard to find food for Zebra Finches. They al come in large package like 5 kg and over. I only have 2 Zebras. My question is, Can I use Gold Patee for Canaries to my Zebras? They are avalible in smaller package (250g)

My Zebras are incubating right now. 3-4 eggs. What is the best food to give the parants when the Babies come. I had Zebras 20 years ago and the female got some problem in the craw (crop) from feeding, so I had to massage her like ones a day. Which was wery stressful for her. Back then I gave them regular Finch seed mix (sprouted), veggis and crushed sea Shells.

Great forum, by the way!

/Eva

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Orlux Gold Patee question and best food for paranting

Post by Sally » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:39 am

Tage I find that the best food to give parents who are feeding babies is egg food. It is high in protein, which is what the babies need to grow fast. Egg food can be commercial, or you can easily make your own. There are quite a few egg food recipes in the Diet and Nutrition section of this forum, but it can be as simply as just mashing up a hard-boiled egg (I mash the shell too, though others feed it separately). I dry mine out a bit by adding some dry commercial egg food, but you can also use just a bit of yellow cornmeal.

Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at www.finchinfo.com. If you put your general location in your profile, it will help us to remember where you are from.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org