green stool

Learn what to feed your birds.
Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

green stool

Post by Phoenix811 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 pm

I have recently noticed my one finch has a vividly green stool (I use solid white paper towel on the bottom of the cages to screen any changes) prior to this about 2 months ago I started mixing a new seed mix which contained more mixed veggies into the seed mix I was already using, and now we are just using the new mix straight (as I was advised when switching seeds) The very odd thing is, I have 2 finch birds separately caged adjacent to one another (1 is a orange cheek waxbill, 1 is red cheek cordon bleu) My cordon bleu always had a greenish tinge in his stool from day 1, they were both dewormed- my orange cheek was more whitish stool that blended in more with the paper towel. Well Now the CB after over a year no longer has any visible sign of green, and my OC has very vivid green...could this be from the food change? He seems otherwise healthy, no behavioral changes. Any suggestions? He will be 2 yrs old in sept.

CathyCraftz
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Re: green stool

Post by CathyCraftz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:42 am

Yep, the vegetables probably dyed the dropping green, but try feeding the finch an ordinary seed mix. If the dropping is still green, then there could be liver damage. This link may help: https://ladygouldianfinch.com/features_poopology.php
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy

~obsessed with zebra finches~