I'm probably just being paranoid, but...

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
dinosaur party
Hatchling
Hatchling

I'm probably just being paranoid, but...

Post by dinosaur party » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:00 pm

My two zebra finches always sleep side by side, huddled up really close together. Always. If one of them flies to another perch for food or water, he'll either return to the other bird, or the other bird will join him on the new perch. They're never apart for more than a few minutes. Tonight, they're sleeping on opposite perches. Is there any reason for this? Could one of them be sick maybe? Or could they have just had some sort of... finch fight? Haha you wouldn't believe the paranoid scenarios I can come up with in my head :oops:

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:59 pm

I've been out of town and just saw your post. Did they kiss and make up?
Hilary

dinosaur party
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by dinosaur party » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:24 pm

Well, they seem to be friends again, though they're sitting together in a new corner of the cage. I think they've just made it their goal to freak me out on all possible occasions :P

kiwi & mango
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by kiwi & mango » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:29 am

Hi
funny this with my two gouldian as well. They ALWAYS sleep side by side almost touching but just not and the last two nights they are both sleeping on different perch. He is still sleeping on the perch that they normally sleep on and she is on a different one. I am hoping this isn't somthing that will change them for ever since they have always been so loving.

If one bird was sick would this be a reason for the other sleep seperate away from it?

EmilyHurd
Complete Clutch
Complete Clutch

Post by EmilyHurd » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:56 am

They may have just had a fight :)

kiwi & mango
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by kiwi & mango » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:42 am

I was thinking the same thing....LOL she was mad at him since she was the one to sleep on a different perch. Last night they slept side by side again.... :D

kiwi & mango
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by kiwi & mango » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:30 pm

well my female has did sleep beside the male once last week but after that she is back on another perch by herself.

There is no fighting between them that I have seen but it really makes you think why would they be sooo loving one day and then from that day on no love? :?

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:19 pm

Maybe he forgot to take out the garbage? Or ate all of the "good" seeds from their seed dish? Or even hogged the veggies? :lol:
Hilary