Zebra Finch Toe Got Suck On Cage

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Zebra Finch Toe Got Suck On Cage

Post by Flight Feathers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:53 pm

OhNayeli

How many birds do you have?
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Flight Feathers wrote: OhNayeli

Wow you have alot of birds. I have 21. 6 cockatiels, 2 lovebirds, 2 parakeets and 11 finches.

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:39 pm

OhNayeli wrote:

Wow you have alot of birds. I have 21. 6 cockatiels, 2 lovebirds, 2 parakeets and 11 finches.
Wow you have a lot too!! And we have the same amount of finches! What kind of parakeets? How do you find lovebirds? As in what are they like?

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:51 pm

Flight Feathers wrote:
OhNayeli wrote:

Wow you have a lot too!! And we have the same amount of finches! What kind of parakeets? How do you find lovebirds? As in what are they like?

They are budgies. I only had 5 finches all males i bought girlfiends for three of them and a pair had 3 babies i wasnt planning on having these many.

They are really loud sometimes even louder than the cockatiels they are also messy and destroy toys. But they are nice and playful as soon as they see some millet they go towards my hand and grab it. Overall they are good birds and they seem to really like people unlike my finches.

Have your cockatiels ever gotten sick??

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:01 am

OhNayeli wrote:

Wow you have a lot too!! And we have the same amount of finches! What kind of parakeets? How do you find lovebirds? As in what are they like?[/quote]

They are budgies. I only had 5 finches all males i bought girlfiends for three of them and a pair had 3 babies i wasnt planning on having these many.

They are really loud sometimes even louder than the cockatiels they are also messy and destroy toys. But they are nice and playful as soon as they see some millet they go towards my hand and grab it. Overall they are good birds and they seem to really like people unlike my finches.

Have your cockatiels ever gotten sick??[/quote]

Budgies are awesome!! I have 5 budgies currently- I love their antics and the noise they make!

Zebra finches are soooo cute!! I've currently got 11. Lovely wee things.
I love the babies especially- so cute and fluffy and it's nice being able to handle them.

Lovebirds sounds like awesome birds to have!! I'd love to get some one day... Lol I need to stop getting more birds!

My cockatiels have had touches of sickness but it's usually gone by the next day so it's nothing really. My female cockatiel is quite old tho so she doesn't always act very well but it's because of old age. Her sibling or something that was the same age as her has already died of old age. Have your cockatiels ever gotten sick?

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Flight Feathers

Yes budgies are cute i got one from my cousin and got him a companion i tough it was a male until friday when i saw A few things and noticed its a female and she may lay eggs soon lol.

And yes they are cute unfortunately they are territorial i tried keeping the parents and babies together the dad picked on the babies and i moved them to a bigger cage and the babies started picking on the parents.

They are but mine seem to always have something going on and when they finally start healing they manage to get injured again. And those were also my toughts when i had 11 birds than within 3 months i had 10 more.

How old is your oldest cockatiel?? And yes before when i didnt pay as much attention they seemed fine but now they have been sneezing and also their poop is watery i think i will treat them for giardia and later for a respiartory infection. I have a cockatiel which seems to get conjunctivitis every once in a while i think it might be chlamydia but i have to treat for giardia first.

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:07 pm

OhNayeli wrote: Flight Feathers

Yes budgies are cute i got one from my cousin and got him a companion i tough it was a male until friday when i saw A few things and noticed its a female and she may lay eggs soon lol.

And yes they are cute unfortunately they are territorial i tried keeping the parents and babies together the dad picked on the babies and i moved them to a bigger cage and the babies started picking on the parents.

They are but mine seem to always have something going on and when they finally start healing they manage to get injured again. And those were also my toughts when i had 11 birds than within 3 months i had 10 more.

How old is your oldest cockatiel?? And yes before when i didnt pay as much attention they seemed fine but now they have been sneezing and also their poop is watery i think i will treat them for giardia and later for a respiartory infection. I have a cockatiel which seems to get conjunctivitis every once in a while i think it might be chlamydia but i have to treat for giardia first.
Yeah I love budgies!! Oh okay how did you realise your budgie was a female?
That's no good your birds picked on each other!!
And I hope your cockatiels stop getting sick and stuff soon!
My oldest cockatiel is like 12/13.

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:08 am

Flight Feathers wrote:
OhNayeli wrote: Flight Feathers

Yeah I love budgies!! Oh okay how did you realise your budgie was a female?
That's no good your birds picked on each other!!
And I hope your cockatiels stop getting sick and stuff soon!
My oldest cockatiel is like 12/13.

The one that i tough was a female was on top of the one i tough was a male. At least i know i have one of each.

I know i separated them, the dad is on his own for now.

I know me too its stressful and i have treat all 6 of them.