Concerning behavior in zeeb rooster

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Concerning behavior in zeeb rooster

Post by MisterGribs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:39 am

My old rooster (Very old, he will be 10 this year) is chasing and trying to mount a fledgling hen that has only just begun playing with seed. I lost track of how old they are, but she and her sister are hand reared and completely tame.

The one being chased, Garoni, still has a black beak and is clearly not old enough to breed. She is still being syringe fed 95% of the time.

Clearly, this is not normal behavior. On top of this, he is also a philanderer and causes almost all of the fighting in my flock, due to jealousy and harassment. Can his shenanigans cause long term damage to my flock?
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Concerning behavior in zeeb rooster

Post by wildbird » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:22 pm

He's a Zebra and might kill Garoni if they are not kept separate.

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:41 am

wildbird he seems like he wouldn't hurt a fly, but you never know. I have been teaching her to be afraid of him with the 'yipp!' Danger noise, and it seems to be working.

They are kept separate most of the time, and supervised otherwise.
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:37 pm

MisterGribs

Dirty old man!

I'd keep them seperate.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~