Wheezing, Clicking, Sneezing

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Wheezing, Clicking, Sneezing

Post by OhNayeli » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:31 am

Hello everyone today when i went to cover my birds at night my female lovebird was making weird noises. I got close to the cage and i could hear a sound like wheezing than every once in a while she would sneeze and when she wasnt making those noises i could hear like a clicking sound. Her cage mate is fine her droppings seem fine i saw her eating and drinking water during the day an overall active.

The day prior to yesterday i took the cage outside and cleaned it only using water but it was windy i did cover the cage but the blanket kept moving around and i also saw that the birds got wet. Could she have a respiratory infection i have enrotex can i give her that. What do you guys think? I would really appreciate it if someone could help me Thank You

chargers17
Pip
Pip

Re: Wheezing, Clicking, Sneezing

Post by chargers17 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:46 pm

Any updates? I have a canary with similar symptoms that is now hit the rest of the flock. Everyone seems fine except lots of sneezing

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Is this not airsack mites ??
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:21 pm

In the first case, it could be a respiratory infection being that the birds got wet and it was windy, especially if the birds were previously ok.

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:14 pm

chargers17 wrote: Any updates? I have a canary with similar symptoms that is now hit the rest of the flock. Everyone seems fine except lots of sneezing

Sorry for not responding earlier and there fine now it only lasted a few days maybe 3 days at most. Maybe you can contact laraine and ask her .

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Fraza wrote: Is this not airsack mites ??
Thank you for responding and i dont think its air sac mites ive applied scatt on them a few months ago. But theyre fine now it only lasted a couple of days 3 days at most and they are now back to normal. The only thing ive heard now is when they grind their beak but they always do that at night.

Btw can you give me some advice on something i would really appreciate it.

My zebra finches failed at 2 of their clutches in the first they threw out the 4 babies the second time they threw out there 3 babies and this last time they threw one out but a week has passed and they havent done that anymore they keep feeding the babies but they havent slept in the nest for about 4 days i think its too small and i can see the babies growing not sure how many they are but i can tell the nest is too small. Do you think i can get a bigger nest and move them or will the parents abandon them?? I think there about a week old and theyre in a coconut shell nest.
Last edited by OhNayeli on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:28 pm

wildbird wrote: In the first case, it could be a respiratory infection being that the birds got wet and it was windy, especially if the birds were previously ok.
Thank you for responding, i did think it could be that but after a few days they were fine like only one lovebird had these symptomps and now there back to normal. I have no idea wat happened but next time i will be more careful and the weather into consideration.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:33 pm

OhNayeli erm I’m not sure because each one is different but if it was my birds yes I would change it but keep the nest in the same place and keep the same nesting material in they’re, even if it’s dirty.

They should be okay like that hope it works out keep me updated and msg me a PM if it works out
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:10 pm

Fraza wrote: OhNayeli erm I’m not sure because each one is different but if it was my birds yes I would change it but keep the nest in the same place and keep the same nesting material in they’re, even if it’s dirty.

They should be okay like that hope it works out keep me updated and msg me a PM if it works out

Thank so much i will buy a bigger nest and do as you said and hope they keep feeding them it is the first clutch they have suceeded in and i am trying to keep distnce nd try not bother them too much.

And i will definetly update you

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:02 pm

OhNayeli Yh they shud be okay because at a week old they will make noises for them so they shouldn’t resist just don’t get something that looks completely different try find similar shape and colour

And your welcome :D
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL