Injured foot/leg. Help!

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
Adrianna100
Pip
Pip

Injured foot/leg. Help!

Post by Adrianna100 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:58 am

Hello,

One of my 10 zebras has somehow injured her leg. On Thursday I noticed she was holding it up. I separated her into a small cage with a towel on the bottom but she became panicked and would not sit still, most likely causing further damage. I had to put a perch in the cage for her to finally stand still.

I have checked to make sure she didn't get any threads caught around it. I cannot see any cuts/blood, however over the last few days her entire foot seems to be more red and slightly swollen. She is no longer trying to grip the perch with that foot, but instead resting the entire foot over the perch rather than gripping it.

I have attached two photos. My avian vet retired in November and there is no other vet within an hour from my house. I would take her in a heartbeat I just worry that the trip would stress her out and cause her more panic, hurting herself more. I do have a broad spectrum antibiotic if anyone thinks that would help.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_4997.JPG
IMG_6920.JPG

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: Injured foot/leg. Help!

Post by Fraza » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Adrianna100 it’s fine this happened with my grandmas society in my older post you will see it just make sure it has iodine avavilble and leave it in the cage it was already in and it will heal it’s self most likely the toe will fall off and a new one will grown back(this happened with my grandmas)

She will be perfectly fine abit tender on it and not like to use it much but apart from that okay but use a flat food plate rather than a hook on one where she has to stand on plastic

Also has she got a bed if she has she will probably rest a lot in there, never give them bamboo nest they get there feet caught in them
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Goodluck and she looks healthy :mrgreen:
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Adrianna100
Pip
Pip

Post by Adrianna100 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:31 pm

thank you !!

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:08 am

Adrianna100 your welcome
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL