Sunflex Light Timer System

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Sunflex Light Timer System

Post by canary3000 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:39 pm

I finally received my sunflex24. It is a simple set up. Albeit, I did some research about how it runs. Uses a touch screen to enter the values. I tested it out on both the daylight bulb and the bulb that mimics sunrise and sunset. Works like a charm. If your looking for a reliable light timer, I'd say this is a good set up. It has other features available. It's nice to avoid the headache of getting up from bed because I forgot the bird lights. You can increase and decrease the amount of time in minutes it takes to reach full sunrise and sunset. Etc.....

jimenezl
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Re: Sunflex Light Timer System

Post by jimenezl » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm ready to buy this dimmer/timer to use with LEDs. Are you using fluorescent or LEDs? How do you power them?

Thanks!
Two RC Cordon Bleu,

canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Post by canary3000 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 am

jimenezl wrote: I'm ready to buy this dimmer/timer to use with LEDs. Are you using fluorescent or LEDs? How do you power them?

Thanks!
Make sure not to use led as a dimmer. Only on daylight.
Incandescent dimming bulb on dimmer. Otherwise other kind of bulb does not dim completely.
It took me a while to understand how sunflex works. But ones you figure it out, it's super easy. If your confused on set up, I can walk you thru it. I got the base model, without all the extras.

jimenezl
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by jimenezl » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:22 pm

I found something a lot cheaper and with great reviews. Like sunflex, it's a dimmer/timer to simulate sunrise and sunset. Fully programmable, works fine with LEDs.

Multi-function LED Timer Dimmer Controller for RGBW RGB Dual Color or Single Color LED Strip Lighting
Two RC Cordon Bleu,

canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Post by canary3000 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:38 pm

jimenezl wrote: I found something a lot cheaper and with great reviews. Like sunflex, it's a dimmer/timer to simulate sunrise and sunset. Fully programmable, works fine with LEDs.

[ https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/615UGqTWUTL._SL1200_.jpg ]

Multi-function LED Timer Dimmer Controller for RGBW RGB Dual Color or Single Color LED Strip Lighting
Let me know how it was setting up and how it performs. Just curious

canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Post by canary3000 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Sunflex picture
Attachments
image.jpeg

canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Post by canary3000 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:27 pm

The developer/designer of sunflex is very nice. You have any questions regarding this product, he will answer them. He tests your sunflex before shipping. He also includes cable to install your sunflex to computer for future upgrades. If you haven't noticed, I'm really pleased with my purchase. His name is Gus.

sunflex24
Pip
Pip

Post by sunflex24 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:50 am

Just general published information on the $29.99 special Timer with great reviews. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
So I thought I would share this link with would be users.
http://www.tc420.net/programming-the-TC420.php
If you love programming this is it.

sunflex24
Pip
Pip

Post by sunflex24 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:12 pm

We take pride in our product and try to respond to breeders' requests if feasible and applicable to a reasonable majority.
A number of breeders due to their particular work schedule, recently made a request for an additional feature to the already flexible Sunflex24Touch.
The request was for the option of selecting a "Fixed Sunset Time" during the "Breeding or Resting Mode". The "Fixed Sunrise Time" has been part of the product since shortly after its introduction in 2014.
What does this feature do? During "Breeding Mode" when we increase daylight duration, the user now has the capability to select a specific time he/she wants sunset to begin. Why? the users have a work schedule that normally brings then home later in the evening, and they would like a predictable period of time where they could observe, or tend to their birds before the lights go out.
Who am I to question?
A few late hours and many more lines of code,"mission accomplished"

So here is all the Options:
Manual Mode: User sets Sunrise/Sunset Times and duration of each
Breed Mode: User sets Starting Daylight Hours, Daylight Hours at peak, and number of days the change is to take.
Rest Mode: User sets Starting Daylight Hours(High), Daylight Hours at minimum Daylight and number of days change is to take.

Normally Sunrise/Sunset times are adjusted equally during Breed or Rest modes.

Fixed Sunrise/Sunset Mode when selected allows the user to select a "Fixed Time for Sunrise" and daylight duration is increased/decreased at "Sunset Time".
When Fixed Sunset Mode is selected the user sets a "Fixed Time for Sunset" and daylight duration is increased/decreased at "Sunrise Time".