HELP

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
Ellebee
Pip
Pip

HELP

Post by Ellebee » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi everyone! I recently joined this forum and have a question about my Society finch. For about two weeks she has been lethargic and puffs up and sleeps a lot. I was thinking she may be egg bound because her vent was dirty and crusted over. I gave her a gentle bath last week to clean the area. Yesterday I gave her a warm bath and kept her belly in the water for a few minutes but I don’t see much improvement. She is eating and drinking normally and my other finches in same aviary are fine.
Also her poop has not had any dark part to it. It’s not runny but it’s the consistency and color of gold mustard (looks like the Gulden’s mustard). I attached a photo for reference (there are no white spots, it just looks like that from the flash.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Attachments
6FB7D7AE-2704-4518-9303-F9E2BDFB64EC.jpeg

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: HELP

Post by Icearstorm » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Ellebee

I don't know a whole lot about bird pathology, but Poopology is a pretty good article on bird poop. The article seems to suggest Psittacosis, but that would be odd if you've had her for a while and she hasn't been in contact with new birds. It also says liver disease or malnourishment could cause yellow urates, but the texture of the dropping looks more like feces then urates.

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Re: HELP

Post by wildbird » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:00 am

Are there undigested seeds in the droppings? And what food has she been eating besides seed?