Has anyone had a bad reaction to S76?

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
Tage
Pip
Pip

Has anyone had a bad reaction to S76?

Post by Tage » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:08 pm

I have treated my Zebras for air sac mite. This is week 2. One of the female Zebra got very poor after the first treatment. A lot of pooping, puffed up and sitting still. She got a bit better so I gave the second treatment this Thursday and yesterday. She turned poorly again. I thought that it maybe was because she had a lot of mites or worms. I gave her calcivet just in case (egg binding) She looks like they do, when they have that. I’m confused.
I have a pair of Zebra Finches, Tage and Birgitta.
In the future I would also like to have one pair of Blue-capped Cordon Bleu and one pair of Red-billed firefinch

tarma
Pip
Pip

Re: Has anyone had a bad reaction to S76?

Post by tarma » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:42 am

We treated our societies with S76 and now wish we had used SCATT instead. Apparently S76 can be hard on their organs because it is so concentrated and we saw no difference after treating them other than increased lethargy. We have bought SCATT now and will use that from now on.

I'm not sure if this applies to your zebras, but we read on ladygouldianfinch that treating for bacterial infection after using SCATT or S76 is advisable. After not seeing a big difference from using S76 we used Amoxidex 10% (available through ladygouldianfinch) in their water and that is when we saw a big difference.

Initial symptoms: Dropped wings, lethargy, open mouth breathing, hollow sound when singing, head shaking after drinking, poor flight, staying at bottom of cage for long periods

After S76: Same, except increased lethargy

After Amoxidex: Everything improved