Finches inhaling dust

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
Mpark008
Pip
Pip

Finches inhaling dust

Post by Mpark008 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Hello all, my first post here, thank you for having me.

There is some work being done in the patio of my house, where I keep my finches (13 of them). I moved the Cage to the outside. To my surprise and absolute displeasure, I saw them sawing outside right next to the Cage with plenty of dust circulating and going inside the cage. I don't know how long they have been sawing but I moved the Cage immediately. The birds seem fine, but is it possible they will get sick from this? Anything I can do?

MariusStegmann
Weaning
Weaning

Re: Finches inhaling dust

Post by MariusStegmann » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:18 am

Don't worry about it. Finches are tough little critters. In the wild they are subjected to dust storms that can last for days.
Marius

Mpark008
Pip
Pip

Post by Mpark008 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:12 pm

MariusStegmann wrote: Don't worry about it. Finches are tough little critters. In the wild they are subjected to dust storms that can last for days.
Thank you! They've been doing fine since.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Mpark008

At this point all you can do is hope for the best, seeing as you cannot change what has already happened.

Because it was outside hopefully all will be well.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~