Air Sac Mites

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
Susannah
Pip
Pip

Re: Air Sac Mites

Post by Susannah » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 am

She is Delightful...hope all is going well.
Birds are a miracle because they prove to us there is a finer, simpler state of being which we may strive to attain. Douglas Coupland

4 dogs
3 cats
4 Rosellas
9 Guinea Pigs
7 Rabbits
7 Zebra Finches
2 Bourkes
9 Quails
1 Fischer's Lovebird
1 African Lovebird
1 Green Cheek Conure
3 Indian Ringnecks
12 Cockatiels
32 Budgerigars
1 Galah
1 Gouldian

Vanja&Alex
Pip
Pip

Post by Vanja&Alex » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:24 pm

If canary has air mites and use ivermectin, when can you see results. My canary daying. He is breating so hard. He got antibiotic form the vet but did not help
I puted ivermectin on his neck befire three day but his cindition is same. Before 20 days he was in very good condition. We we on holiday and gave someone to take care about him. After 8 day I have found him with wound on his leg and he has and demage in his wing. He aet his wing and I suppose and his leg. I bought to him creme Ephitol beofar cream. He leg is better but I m afriad that maybe this cream ciuse of this. I puted a lot and crem stay on his feather on his stomach and legs or all of this is because of mites or can be something else. Please for any advice. Thanks!❤

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:29 pm

Are you sure the bird has air sac mites? You can check by holding the bird and putting a small flashlight on the other side of the neck, pointing toward you. You should be able to see the mites moving if he has them.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org