Bald Gouldian

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
kinnika
Nestling
Nestling

Bald Gouldian

Post by kinnika » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:37 am

Okay I need some help here. I have a male Gouldian that is going bald. Now I have had this happen to him before but I gave him some drops of Liquid Vegetable Iodine drops and it brought him out of it very nicely. This time he seems to be getting worse. I know he is molting but I see no signs of pin feathers coming at all. These drops are derived from Kelp and seeweed. This little guy is a real little bugger as he will not eat anything but seeds..His mate eats eggs and apples and ecverything I put in there..I should say he will eat Romaine lettuce. I can not get Kelp here in my stores so my question is ...what else can I give him??? They are getting a good vitamin in the water..Any suggestions???

EmilyHurd
Complete Clutch
Complete Clutch

Post by EmilyHurd » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:56 am

You order kelp online and have it shipped

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:33 am

I get my liquid kelp from Just Bird Stuff http://www.justbirdstuff.com/home.php?c ... n=0&page=3

It's listed at the bottom of the page. You can also get it in granules and powder form.
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

kinnika
Nestling
Nestling

Post by kinnika » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:52 am

Thank You. I have sent them an E-mail regarding shipping .