Please help me my bird died

For concerns related to avian illness and wellbeing.
robertandrews

Please help me my bird died

Post by robertandrews » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:06 pm

I know that this a finch forum but I also know that many of you like myself have other birds besides finches. My cockatail that was 10 years old died today. He was fine at 2:00 pm when I fed him and cleaned his cage. Then around 4:00 pm I saw him sitting on his perch. Then I was busy doing things and at 6:30 pm I looked in on him and he was on the bottom of his cage face down with blood coming out of his mouth. He was dead and cool to the touch.
Oh please has anyone any idea what could have happened to my talyor boy.
Robert

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:14 am

So very sorry about your cockatiel Robert. :(

It's very difficult to say what may have caused his death. I'm sure you are well aware that birds hide symptoms of their illnesses, often til it's too late.

Blood from the mouth... possibly a hemorrhage??

Again, I'm sorry for you loss.
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:13 am

Oh Robert, I'm so sorry about Taylor. I wish I had an answer for you - the exact same thing happened with one of my owl finches. I checked my illness book and it really said it could be anything - trauma, a foreign object, cancer, poisoning, a blood disorder (so not clotting).
Hilary

butterflylady747
Pip
Pip

Post by butterflylady747 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:41 pm

so sorry for your loss