My Two Java Boys... Are Breeding???

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Rob
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Re: My Two Java Boys... Are Breeding???

Post by Rob » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:57 pm

lovezebs

That is quite the story. That's really sad about the females.

Thankfully the worst I've dealt with so far are some aggressive canaries. A female that turned out to be a male and didn't like the other male it was with, and a three year old female who quite quickly took control of the female flight cage (she always eats first, and is territorial over her cuttlebone).

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:55 pm

Rob

Yes, the loss of my girl PF's was tough....poor liitle girls, with my nutty boy. They are so difficult to get around here as well. Plus, I think he's infertile, because we never got any babies.

Canary ladies, can be quite the hellions, when they decide to take over. Is she the oldest female in the flight?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Rob
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Rob » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:44 pm

lovezebs

There was one recently on kijiji, same red face too. It was being sold with a society, a couple zebras, a star finch, and I think a gouldian. All in a small cage. She wanted $125 for the parrot finch.

Yes she's the oldest. I think she's 3.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Rob

I saw that ad as well, but the price was high, for a bird of unknows age or gender. For breeding, Parrot Finches age out very quickly (or so I've been told).

Regarding the bossy dame Canary lady, I figured that she was probably the eldest, making life a misery for her sister wives :roll: .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~