Canary chicks started hatching!

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
StodOne
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Canary chicks started hatching!

Post by StodOne » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Well it has been around 2 weeks since the first egg way laid , the first chick piped today it opened up the shell almost fully top and bottom part of the egg are holding the chick inside still and those two parts are connected behind the chick , but it isn't fully enclosed in the egg , i do not know how long does it take them to get out of the shell , i totally forgot since the last time , any advice , should I worry if the chick doesent get out of the shell after some period of time ?
Thanks in advance , I will post some pictures tomorrow , its sleep time for them for now.

StodOne
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Re: Canary chicks started hatching!

Post by StodOne » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:04 am

Well today it is out of its egg and looks healthy , it sort of is laying on the plastic but that is how the hen just decided to make the nest i dont plan on touching it since i dont want the hen to abandon it . Here is a picture.

StodOne
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by StodOne » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:52 pm

I am afraid one of the chicks has died , i am not sure why i haven't noticed anything bad , I thought i saw the mother feeding them , I am afraid that maybe she has fed only one of them and the rest of the eggs didn't hatch , how do I know for sure if the little chick has died and when i should remove it from the nest , how do i tell if a chick is not being fed enough , any help would be appreciated , I was giving them hard boiled eggs every day since the little chick hatched , I am not sure if the first one of the second one has died .
I also haven't seen her leave the nest once , and the hard boiled egg i put in the cage quickly dissapears, they do eat a lot of it.
I am afraid that the mom isnt feeding them , but seeing how much she is staying in the nest i would believe that it isn't the case , so I hope.
Heres another picture taken today , he was alive today ..

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:41 am

Sadly I can’t see any food punches on them but make sure u take out the dead chick take a closer image of the neck so I can see if they are being fed
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3