Any need to worry?

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
newfinchmom
Nestling
Nestling

Any need to worry?

Post by newfinchmom » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:18 pm

I noticed my cordon bleu was flying back and forth in front of my society finch. This goes on every evening after their light turns off and it is just the lamp light in the room. One morning they were sitting side by side on the perch, the second night the society was on the floor of the cage and this morning they were on opposite ends. Does this mean that the bleu might be trying to "get busy" with the society finch?? I don't know enough about finch behavior to decide what he/she is doing. I thought she was a female (compared to the one that died), but she may indeed be a male and is trying to attract the society finch (who knows what gender that one is). Any ideas??

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:25 pm

It's difficult to say. My birds settle down pretty quickly when the lights go off. My cage lights are on a timer. When they go off, a lamp, which is on a separate timer, comes on for about 30 minutes, then the lamp goes off. I then have a string of purple halloween lights that are draped over the inside of the bird room door remain on all night. The string of purple lites are very dim, almost like a black light.

Perhaps your lamp is too bright for the cb to sleep??
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

kenny
Weaning
Weaning

Post by kenny » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:10 am

i dont know about this pairing but the society finch has hybridised with a heck of a lot of other finches...like the spice bird,and the hecks!

ken
you can always tell a yorkshireman,but you cant tell him much