New Owner-need info PLEASE!!!

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
LucyLover
Pip
Pip

New Owner-need info PLEASE!!!

Post by LucyLover » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:38 pm

I posted this in a different section, but maybe more people can help me here. I have a female society and male Zebra breeding, nd I;m just wondering about how the chicks might turn out:Problems, colors, any Pictures???And what will the call be like?? Please email any pictures to me. Thanks!
"Never place a period where God has placed a comma." ~Gracie Allen

God Bless!
Grace R.
SW Michigan

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:18 am

Lucy -

It doesn't look like anybody currently has any society-zeb hybrids, though we know it certainly can happen. You'll have to post pics when the chicks start feathering out so we know what they look like! I have a society hen that has bonded with a black-headed nun cock, but luckily have them set up so they can't actually incubate any of the eggs she produces. The chicks would certainly be interesting, though!

Hilary

LucyLover
Pip
Pip

Post by LucyLover » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:44 pm

Alright, I'll try to get some pictures IF the eggs hatch. I'm not sure if the eggs are fertile or not, but te finches think so. With my doves, they can tell whether the egg is fertile or not I guess, and won't sit on them after a few days. Are finches the same?? I think this is the 4th or 5th day since I noticed them. One more Week!

God Bless!
Grace R.
SW Michigan

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:53 pm

They do not seem to be able to distinguish between fertile and infertile eggs.

LucyLover
Pip
Pip

Post by LucyLover » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:11 pm

OK. I've just noticed that the doves will give up after a few days, though I'm not sure why. But, yeah.... If anyone has any info on "zocieties", let me know. Can always email me too. It's ususally the female sitting on the nest, but my male will hop in wheneer she needs to eat, drink, shower, etc. Quite a pair!

God Bless!
Grace R.
SW Michigan