How to stop breeding

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: How to stop breeding

Post by Fraza » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks Stuart whiting for the table of information I’ll have a look at then tommorow morning and maybe do a few calls
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Fraza

No worries fella, that's what we're here for :YMSMUG:

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Stuart whiting

The only fish I ever caught, was many many years ago, with my bare hands in a lake up in the mountains. I think it was a trout, and my Father wanted to cook him for lunch. I couldn't bear the thought of killing him, so I threw him back ( to my fathers dismay).

I have never eaten Bass.

As to our weather, it depends if if we have an El Nino Winter (mild), or La Nina Winter (more severe). Generally speaking, our Winters have been somewhat milder these last few years here as well (global warming?) but we can still get a stretch of cold weather.

I remember years ago, having severe Winters, when I had Sparrows freeze solid in my outdoor feeding bird house :( .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:10 pm

lovezebs remember few years ago I caught my first fish in spin and when I pulled it out onto the beach and I didn’t want to grab it because it was about the soze of my foot and my dad was abit away round the other side and I was shouting him to get this fish slowly looking like it’s getting breaded alive it was full of sand any luckily we got it back in the water
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Fraza

That sounds like a funny adventure, lol.

Did you mean in Spain, by any chance?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:58 pm

lovezebs wrote: Stuart whiting

The only fish I ever caught, was many many years ago, with my bare hands in a lake up in the mountains. I think it was a trout, and my Father wanted to cook him for lunch. I couldn't bear the thought of killing him, so I threw him back ( to my fathers dismay).

I have never eaten Bass.

As to our weather, it depends if if we have an El Nino Winter (mild), or La Nina Winter (more severe). Generally speaking, our Winters have been somewhat milder these last few years here as well (global warming?) but we can still get a stretch of cold weather.

I remember years ago, having severe Winters, when I had Sparrows freeze solid in my outdoor feeding bird house :( .
Blimey, frozen sparrows :-O my word that must be blimmin cold :-SS

As for the European bass they are very much in decline and are now seriously protected with bass nurseries etc, there still allowed to be caught as there is no such laws against that but there is a very strict law stating that all bass have to be returned for the first half of the year, the second half of the year now allows only one fish to be taken every 24 hrs,
Dosen't affect me though as I only do it for the skill and achievements of catching big fish and don't ever take anything home :-BD

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Stuart whiting

Yes, Sparrows frozen while they were eating. It was so sad, my kids were trying to thaw them out, thinking maybe they were still alive, but they were as hard as feathered golf balls... :cry:

How big do those Bass get anyway? I know nothing about fishing, but doesn't it injure their mouth when you catch them?
~Elana~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:00 am

Yes, Sparrows frozen while they were eating. It was so sad, my kids were trying to thaw them out, thinking maybe they were still alive, but they were as hard as feathered golf balls... :cry:

How big do those Bass get anyway? I know nothing about fishing, but doesn't it injure their mouth when you catch them?
That's so very sad about those sparrows, in all of my 37 years of bird keeping I've honestly never heard of such extreme cases like that :-O

The British record bass is just a shade under 20 lb in weight, 19lb 13oz to be precise,
I've personally had em from the Thames estuary to a respectable 9 lb 12oz which is still a very good size bass in anyone's books, in fact most people would be hard pushed to catch a bass over double figures these days, that basically means any fish over 10 lb,

I've been close several times literally only 2 oz's away from the magical 10 lb barrier,

The hooks that we use today are completely different from yesteryear and basically make just a pin hole, fish are all cold blooded and the only thing that they really feel is a pulling sensation, basically as if someone was pulling yer arm and dragging yer along the grass,
Dosen't actually cause damage or hurt but you'd obviously know that yer being pulled, if that kinda makes sence :YMSMUG:

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:26 am

lovezebs yep haha
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Stuart whiting

I know all about being dragged over the grass Stuart, lol. My Dog Charlie, has been known to do that when the mood strikes, giving me grass burn on my back, my knees my elbows

Those are sizable fish, and I'm glad they don't get hurt when you catch them.

Does the Thames freeze over the Winter months?
~Elana~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:49 pm

I know all about being dragged over the grass Stuart, lol. My Dog Charlie, has been known to do that when the mood strikes, giving me grass burn on my back, my knees my elbows

Those are sizable fish, and I'm glad they don't get hurt when you catch them.

Does the Thames freeze over the Winter months?
Cheers Elana yea in reality they are very good sizeable fish,

No the Thames dosen't freeze Elana as there's to much saltanity in the water columns down here near the estuary but saying that it did actually freeze over once further up river through London where the water now becomes brackish, I believe that this was during one of the worst winters the country had ever seen for many years back in 1963 or there abouts :YMHUG: