Gouldians Stormy & Easy's Eggs pipping clearly, see it begin

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: Gouldians Stormy & Easy's Eggs pipping clearly, see it b

Post by Babs _Owner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:22 pm

lovezebs

Stormy had his first girlfriend last season. She laid only a few eggs here and there. Jet and Bubbles fostered a WB SB male from him .

I suspected fertility issues with her (I had purchased her), being I know Stormy was only a year old and I didnt know the age of the hen for sure. My suspicions were right, judging from the size of this recent clutch with the new female.

And she would not sit on any egg at all. Probably because her clutches were 1 to 3.

That silver male is now molting and just lovely with his blue neck ring coming out. I will get a picture when I get the chance this week. A simple, yet elegant coloring. :YMDAYDREAM:

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 pm

~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:45 pm

lovezebs

I told Bill months ago that you would love this male. <3 I was waiting for him to fully color out before I showed him. ;)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Babs

I would so love a baby like this one...

https://goo.gl/images/9qUYD8
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 pm

Babs

That is one gorgeous bird!!!
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 am

lovezebs

Hes in 6 foot flight with other juvies and he wont sit STILL. ~X( I'll try and get a shot later.

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 am

Babs wrote: lovezebs haroun Chrismurdoch3 lem2bert

Woot! One more hatched this morning! :YMDAYDREAM: This one was a surprise! Looks like 5. That last egg.....it still seems like something is alive in there. But I cant mess about too much, parents have a lot of feeding to do.
oh nice he did it strong boy =D>

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 am

Babs

Although I am not keen on some of the newer mutations that are showing up, I do love the Whites.... (but then I do have a thing for white birds :) ).

I do wish we lived closer, as I would be all over him, like Bubba over a plate of hot pan cakes =P~ .

How are the tiny tots doing this am?
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm

lovezebs

I would just hand him right over to you for one of those chestnut societies you have. ;)

Kids are eating and loud, but not feeding 3 off them very much (one of those being the first born). I topped them off last night and will keep an eye on them.

Being a brand new pair, they may be hinting on what their limit is the first time.

I got my eyeballs peeled Auntie Elana. ;)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:36 pm

Babs

Which chestnut Socies would they be?
~Elana~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Babs

Yes, definitely need to get out the bibs and the high chairs girlie. It's weird that they are not feeding the older chicks. Usually those are the first to get stuffed.
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:09 pm

lovezebs

Yep and it's the loudest. They were still empty an hour ago. I gave them a feed. I may need to pull those and let her have the 3 she constantly feeds.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 pm

lovezebs

I can't remember their names. I need pictures so I can pick. Those gorgeous societies you picked up from another finch fellow who had too many.

The tea , talk and SNATCH all the finches you could fit in your pocket societies. :YMDAYDREAM:

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 pm

haroun lovezebs
debbie276

I had forgotten a followup to Stormy and Easy's kids. Here is Easy with some of her juvies from back in December right before they weaned and went into the big kid flight!

They produced 1 normal,1 SF pastel GB, 2 BB , 1 BB SF pastel and a Silver. Stormy tossed on the day the kids vocalized and kids (note one of my pictures I posted with the 1st born silver...and the most vocal...a bite mark is on the face and it went unnoticed by me all the rest of us) were placed back with Easy-a divider put up between the pair. She did a fine job. Stormy watched the entire process ,. via the cage divider. Easy and Stormy called to each other entire time , showing me they have a strong bond. And she accepted him back very quickly after the kids were weaned and put in the big flight.. Hopefully he will understand this and not toss again.
Attachments
EasyDoesIT.jpg