Annual feeding Roster for my finches

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
kears
Pip
Pip

Annual feeding Roster for my finches

Post by kears » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi Everyone i am new to breeding finches and was wondering if anybody had a pdf or similar file with an Annual feeding roster on it, that i could use,so i know what to feed and when to feed,any help would be great,my finches are as follows Star Finches,Green Singers,Javas and Bichino finches,im in Ireland.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Annual feeding Roster for my finches

Post by lovezebs » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm

kears

Hello,

I don't really have a feeding roster for the kids for the year.

They get a mixture of Finch, Canary, with some Budgie thrown in year round. Also spray millet, and wild seeds when available.

They get a great variety of greens, veggies and some fruit on a regular basis. My home made hard boiled egg mix daily when breeding, raising young, or molting... twice a week other wise.

Live foods such as mealworms and flightless fruit flies, are offered, especially to the Waxbills, Parrot Finches, Black and Whites, and Zebra and Societies (who seem to relish them). Freeze dried, crushed mealworms are added to the eggfood of the other species.

I also make a mixture of grated cuttle bone, iodine cube, vitamin cube, crushed egg shells, bird grit, iodised salt, bird charcoal, crushed oyster shell, and bird clay, and offer that regularly.

I also add some birdie vitamins into their water twice a week.

That about rounds it off.

Hope this was helpful :D .

Would love to see some pictures of your birds.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

kears
Pip
Pip

Post by kears » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Thank you so much for the Information ,will try and upload some photos,not very techie.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm

kears

Me either :roll: .

http://www.finchforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=22448

Maybe the above link will be of some help :D .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~