Help for a user

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
delray
Tech Assistant, Social Media Manager & Mod Extraordinaire
Tech Assistant, Social Media Manager & Mod Extraordinaire

Help for a user

Post by delray » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Hey everyone! I am trying to help out a user on our FINCHforum Facebook page. She is awaiting account activation but is in need of pretty urgent advice regarding her new gouldian hatchling.. Thanks everyone!

btw, do you know, is it normal for a gouldian finch 3-4 day old hatchling to begg for food every 10 minutes? Right know my little chick is already screaming for more than 10 minutes, his mother is out and feeding herself, but previously she was in the nest, and the child was crying approx every 10-15 minutes. is it normal? I have no option to check the nest, since the parents designed it in a very smart way (entrance is hidden), it's not a typical nestbox i am afraid parents might be starving their child :<
Brian
Phineas: Lightly Pied Chestnut
Ferb: Dilute Fawn

FINCHforum Moderator & Social Media Manager

Instagram: https://instagram.com/finchforum/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FINCHforum

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Help for a user

Post by lovezebs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:17 am

delray

Brian and friend,

By 3-4 days old, the parents should be feeding on a regular basis.

Regretably if you can't check on the chick, there is no way of knowing if baby is being fed or not, so all you can do is hope for the best.

If the baby is begging loudly and strong, then my guess would be that the parents are feeding him.

Offer hard boiled egg and spray millet to the parents along with their regular seed diet.

Good luck.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~