Strawberry finch nesting

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

Re: Strawberry finch nesting

Post by Phoenix811 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:57 pm

WOW! your aviary is simply amazing- u have created such a natural environment, I am completely new to the finch world, I have 1 finch (which I only purchased to save from the overcrowded hostile cage he was in) had no idea what I was getting myself into, as I have only treated injured wild birds as a hobby...and now I am peeking through these feeds in such wonder and amazement that such caring thoughtful ppl exist and take such great care of their birds, its astonishing :D

kcfd55
Mature
Mature

Post by kcfd55 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Phoenix:
and now I am peeking through these feeds in such wonder and amazement that such caring thoughtful ppl exist and take such great care of their birds, its astonishing
That is kind of you to say. Keep studying and looking around at this site, and you will learn something (and generally several somethings) each day.

Mike

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Phoenix811 sorry to interior and change subject but what u do is amzing too saving wild birds can I ask what species you have helped
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Phoenix811 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:57 pm

kcfd55 (been doing it since I was a kid I wanted to be a vet- my first one was a baby sparrow a crow dropped while flying above me, I resuscitated it with a straw-it worked- came back to life for one more day/ then died due to internal damage) usually in the summer time when they fledge they get injured and or predators- a few cuties I had were a beautiful Robin with injured wing (was stuck in fence of yard with pitbull) I was able to reunite with the mother after 3 days- it was a Disney movie moment <3 also a beautiful dove which had 1/2 the wing ripped off by a cat- That's Holly- she healed in about a month, to which now she returns every day with about 20 other Doves for the past 2 years- the most recent were 2 cedar waxwings who lost their nest when a neighbor cut down tree, another neighbor put them in a bush, (then told me next day) they were too small to fly and the crows had their eye on them- I took them both in the bigger one was able to regain strength and reunite/fly with parents after 1 day, but the smaller one was weaker I had for 2 weeks- until she was strong enough she flew beautifully, they all still come around, I even have a crazy squirrel climb onto my shoulder hahaha:) I personally do not believe in caged birds, I only took my little guy as he was caged in an aggressive overcrowded environment and has permanent damage to leg- I feel terrible that I ordered a bird online as a friend for him- but I work from home so he flies freely in my office from perch to perch and goes to cage when I leave the room, very well trained :) (please excuse my lengthy reply! I love all animals)

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Phoenix811 wow amazing I wonder if any ur zebra becomes paired to a bird you next rescue would be interesting if they can communicate to each other I have blue tits that talk to my birds they nest in the old building next to me
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Phoenix811 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Fraza he looks like a zebra but he is actually an orange cheek waxbill (he was caged with the zebras, they were attacking him, he was the smallest one in an overcrowded cage) I noticed in a proper aviary zebras are not hostile, but at this pet store, that was not the case. However, yes I brought my bird outside in the warmer weather (in a small cage) and he would chirp to the cardinals, and pretty much any bird, one of the doves landed 2 feet from us- it was cute watching them look at each- this tiny little thing in comparison- he even chirps back at a dog next door barking LOL- hes a vocal little guy, he sings every morning when I uncover his cage, hes my little sunshine :) he chirps when I sneeze hahaha!
Attachments
phoenix tiny in hand 111.JPG
phoenix tiny in hand 111.JPG (13.8 KiB) Viewed 672 times

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:00 am

Phoenix811 he looks very nice and from the sounds of it he likes where he is with you aswell bet ur his saviour I doubt he would have lasted with a cage full of zebras
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Phoenix811 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Fraza thank u soo much! :) he was on his last leg (literally) but hes one tough cookie, they gave him a work out that's for sure, hes ready for the Finch Olympics after that experience! hahaa :) ps) 2-4 weeks left for his 'mail order buddy' to come through [-o<

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Phoenix811 guess he will be happy when his buddy arrives =D> :mrgreen:
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL