Need help fertility of zebra egg

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Fraza
Molting
Molting

Need help fertility of zebra egg

Post by Fraza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:12 am

The eggs are all yellow with nothing inside just a little darker yellow in the different parts of eggs so I’m unsure are they fertile because I’ve also forgot what day they was laid my Callander is daft and delete my note from what I remeber I’m thinking they are 16 days old today the 1st egg but usually they show red lines don’t they

They are different to finchie Eggs hers are clea, but what does this mean just being yellow ?

However my hen is from a show breeder and lays very good eggs with fertility of 100% hatching last clutch she had 4 out of 4 and I paired her up with finchie male who’s a black cheek because she’s a black breast and also finches egg never fertilise with this male and yet again I’m unsure this time .
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Need help fertility of zebra egg

Post by lovezebs » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:03 pm

Fraza

Check this out, it should be helpfull...
https://ladygouldian.com/content/determ ... ten-reeves
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:26 pm

Going by what you have said it sounds like these eggs arent fertile.
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Flight Feathers yeh I have the feeling this male is infertile

Because they have done everything eighth and not go off them today I had to literally peel him off to get to the egg so
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:16 pm

That’s helped abit elena it looks like Thisbe one maybe they are 4 day so old they just don’t have that mark but mayb I’m positioning them wrong
Attachments
0CCFFE23-A95E-4684-9869-FE1A2E86F2BB.jpeg
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Fraza When you see a ring of blood like that with -no veins- it means that the egg was fertile and had started to develop, but unfortunately the embryo has died, and the veins dispersed their blood to the edges.

Your male isn't infertile if this is the case, but there is some other factor causing the embryo to die shortly after starting to form. :( If you can see veins, check the eggs again in a few days. You should see big changes if they are still alive.
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:02 pm

Fraza One more thing I wanted to add- The first day that the eggs are laid isn't the first day of their growth! You have to start counting from the time that the parents stop adding eggs to the nest, 'sit tight' and stop leaving the nest for more than a few minutes.

So for example, if the first egg was laid 12 days ago, And then the parents continued to lay eggs for another 7 days before starting their incubation period, the embryos inside the eggs would only show five days of development.

So while the egg is 12 days old, the fetus itself is on day 5! :mrgreen:
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:05 pm

MisterGribs Ohright thank you yeh that’s better to know then because I checked her nest when she had two then I heckled again about a week later to see 5 so they could have laid anytime could have took a few days to pass one so maybe there is still luck and they might hatch I’ll keave them abiut 10 days

Thanks for help
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Fraza Best of luck! The parents normally eventually chuck or eat them if they don't hatch, so no worries.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:11 pm

MisterGribs really never knew that mine normally sit on them for ages I have to throw them for them otherwise they would sit ther for years lol.
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Fraza wait another 5 days and candle them , if there is no blood inside , you know u should toss them and give her a rest for a month. in this month go a head with selenium & E vitamin fo both before the next round.
and try to check them when they mate , did them do it a right ?!
i have one very hot male wich copulate 10 times when the hen is presented for the first time , but if i get a single one hatcheling ( of i got only lol) i'm lucky with him 99% of the eggs were clear

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:48 pm

haroun really that’s like finchie all her eggs are clear but she always breed I ca any stop her and this hen hasn’t bred for a few months and only had one breed this year this was her second I’m really gutted to be honest just hope I get luck from somewhere

And I have a cage for females now where I put all females in and then below the males so I’ll stick her in ther for a month then I will let her and a male out into the aviary and let them pair up and choose a bed etc and they should breed a few weeks after I might even just pair her up with the same one because they was good at incubating eggs so I’ll just take nest out do u think that would be better ?
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Fraza Some zebras like to do that, start huge egg collections.

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Fraza as i told in another post , if your male is only black cheek and ur hen is only BB , u will only get split for BB and split for BC chicks , so if u have another male try to mate her to that one , i prefer a Grey or fawn male
and if possible do the same with the male, mate him with another hen to check his fertility .
exchange couple u will be fixed .

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:27 pm

haroun okay I actually bought a split black cheek female today she has a full black tail no markings and she has black cheeks but a white line going through them so I will pair him to her and then I only amhave a Florida fancy male
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL