Babies!

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Tage
Pip
Pip

Re: Babies!

Post by Tage » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:26 pm

I have a pair of Zebra Finches, Tage and Birgitta.
In the future I would also like to have one pair of Blue-capped Cordon Bleu and one pair of Red-billed firefinch

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 pm

THEY looks very healthy and alert and the crops are full looking good for u [-o<
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Tage
Pip
Pip

Post by Tage » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:02 am

Woke up to high sounds from the cage. One little fella is on the cage floor. Don’t know if it’s to early?
He or she tried to fly but did not get far. Please help! Should I put the fella back in the nest?
Attachments
D241DE51-73A7-427F-A594-E01277CF83B1.jpeg
In the future I would also like to have one pair of Blue-capped Cordon Bleu and one pair of Red-billed firefinch

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:35 am

It's old enough to be out and will find its way around soon.
~Dylan

~~~

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:48 am

Tage did you know they was chicks their or is he a little surprise and the parents will encourage him up feeding him
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Tage
Pip
Pip

Post by Tage » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:02 am

Fraza wrote: Tage did you know they was chicks their or is he a little surprise and the parents will encourage him up feeding him

He is one of four hatchlings. Three grey and one light gray/white. You see early video of them in this thread.
I put him back in the nest. He has stayed there since (2 hours).

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Tage okay that’s good so he’s doing okay now then and I’m stupid sometimes lol forget what I see
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Tage
Pip
Pip

Post by Tage » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:57 pm

No worries Fraza! I have a question about smell. I have a strange smell in the room where the birds are. A little bit like garbage. Can it come from the nest? A lot of poop inside the nest and old eggs that didn’t hatch

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Tage yeh it can leave a smell I heard that once the parents can eat the eggs that the eggs have hatched out of and then they chew the shell and vomit it up on the nest around entrance something to do to protect the nest or something

I can’t remember where I read it or were I I heard it but I know I did

And I always empty My nests and bleach them before re used because old eggs can leave bad liquid in the nest that can effect new eggs laid
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Tage
Pip
Pip

Post by Tage » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:18 pm

The fella jumped out again. He is really dirty. The male feeds him but don’t let the female near. What shuld I do? Just let him be? Don’t think he can get to the nest by his own

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Tage yes u should put him again, for me he looks not realy ready for fledge see the fuzzy feather on its head , and i'm sure the nest state is what it push him to jump , lot of garbage inside !! see also his tail , beak and leg, you should remove the old eggs and try to clean the nest, add new material, or give toilet paper dad will do his job , this is my way in case , i take out all the chicks try to softly clean them , remove the poop and the unhatched eggs , put new nestling material , put them back and do not remove my hand from nest door till i feel them quiet calm , some time i add toilet paper coupon directly in the nest or in the cage bottom dad will fill the nest .
actually when i have a big amount of hatchling (6 and so) i keep an eye in the nest cleanses, i start adding pigeon feathers at the first alarming sign and repeat the operation once it 's needed again.

Tage
Pip
Pip

Post by Tage » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Ok. Now there is one more out. So now they keep each other warm. The parents are now calling for the rest of them. I will give them a new nest with material. This one is a tin can

Tage
Pip
Pip

Post by Tage » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:15 am

Al four babies out of the nest. New nest in. Don’t know if they’re going to except it. I have cleaned the babies, but it’s hard. They are really dirty and I don’t want to scare them to much.
Attachments
56B24A9B-3BE3-4973-B945-41D6AC5339DA.jpeg

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:38 pm

I would empty the nest
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:48 pm

I don’t usually clean the nest as it can scare my adult finches, in fact sometimes when I just touch the nest to check on the babies they would abandon. I also try to mimick the wild in that sense. In the wild their nest would not be cleaned out so I just leave it until all the babies are fledged and then remove it after. They fledge at around 3 wks.
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds