Babies!

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Babies!

Post by Flight Feathers » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:49 pm

Tage wrote: Al four babies out of the nest. New nest in. Don’t know if they’re going to except it. I have cleaned the babies, but it’s hard. They are really dirty and I don’t want to scare them to much.
Congrats on your babies leaving the nest! Are they normal, cfw and fawn?
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Tage
Pip
Pip

Post by Tage » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:41 am

Here is the bunch :D
Attachments
EA71C0AB-ED29-4036-BC72-E90A28E1E8CE.jpeg
I have a pair of Zebra Finches, Tage and Birgitta.
In the future I would also like to have one pair of Blue-capped Cordon Bleu and one pair of Red-billed firefinch

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 am

Tage wrote: Here is the bunch :D
From left to right
CFW, a Black Brest(/pied) and a grey, the grey and cfw ate split for BB =D>
Sorry they're four so
Grey, a cfw, a BB, and a grey, so parents are at least
GREY /BB/CFW cok
Grey/BB hen, and ine of them is split for pied

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:46 pm

haroun wrote:
Tage wrote: Here is the bunch :D
From left to right
CFW, a Black Brest(/pied) and a grey, the grey and cfw ate split for BB =D>
Sorry they're four so
Grey, a cfw, a BB, and a grey, so parents are at least
GREY /BB/CFW cok
Grey/BB hen, and ine of them is split for pied
Yep normal grey, regular cfw, normal grey black breasted, and normal grey. They are very cute!

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:16 pm

[/quote] I don’t usually clean ting he nestit is enough as it can scare my adult finches, in fact sometimestion when I just touch the nest to check on the babies they would abandon. I also try to mimick the wild in that sense. In the willete d their nest would not be cleaned out adopted just leave it until all the babies are fledged and then remove it after. They fledge at around 3 wks.[/quote]
@Tage Fraza.
They are 7 in the nest, i keep my rule for nest and chicks cleaning but when it's enough it's enough cuse by chance when i do my nignt inspection, i found a felt down freezing baby, there was no place for him, and nest no more deep. Soi make a very serious risked bet :complete nest CHANGING, the cock immediately adopted it but hen was little bit confused but every thing is ok
Old nest
Old nest
That's fine
That's fine

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Tage
@"Flight Feathers"
Fyi

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:16 pm

haroun wrote:
I don’t usually clean ting he nestit is enough as it can scare my adult finches, in fact sometimestion when I just touch the nest to check on the babies they would abandon. I also try to mimick the wild in that sense. In the willete d their nest would not be cleaned out adopted just leave it until all the babies are fledged and then remove it after. They fledge at around 3 wks.[/quote]
@Tage Fraza.
They are 7 in the nest, i keep my rule for nest and chicks cleaning but when it's enough it's enough cuse by chance when i do my nignt inspection, i found a felt down freezing baby, there was no place for him, and nest no more deep. Soi make a very serious risked bet :complete nest CHANGING, the cock immediately adopted it but hen was little bit confused but every thing is ok
IMG_20180413_095859.jpg
IMG_20180413_095935.jpg
[/quote]

They are so cute! What colors are they?

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:18 pm

I have about 5 or 6 babies in a nest currently. Not too sure what colors they are although one of them is a cfw. I believe both parents were split ob so we shall see if they are ob or not once they fledge..

Tage
Pip
Pip

Post by Tage » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:36 pm

The babies are doing great! Starting to sing. It appears to be 3 males and one female ( white with grey head ) I will post pictures tomorrow! I’m a newbie to al this so it’s very exciting!
I have a pair of Zebra Finches, Tage and Birgitta.
In the future I would also like to have one pair of Blue-capped Cordon Bleu and one pair of Red-billed firefinch

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Tage wrote: The babies are doing great! Starting to sing. It appears to be 3 males and one female ( white with grey head ) I will post pictures tomorrow! I’m a newbie to al this so it’s very exciting!
Yes the cfw is most definitely a girl! :D Because as you showed in pics your parents are both normal Gray. Now cfw is a sex linked gene so a female can only visually be a sex linked gene but they cannot in anyway carry it. (And your female isn’t a cfw) On the other hand males can visually be a sex linked gene OR they can carry it. And sex linked gene means if the father has it/carrys it then all offspring that visually show this color will be female. (Unless female has it too and then you will get both male and female offspring of this color) so this is why your cfw is a female :D Hope this makes sense!

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Wow all those chicks I got 4 out of 4 fertile eggs off my large British Debbie’s then the fat mum cracked two eggs and then two hatched but they didn’t feed and one died then the other one I have to the society’s for it then to get it’s leg stuck in beddin and nowbits fledges and it’s foot is hanging off

So I’m not as lucky as use with 7 chicks :( hope I get more luck next time
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Flight Feathers wrote:
haroun wrote:
I don’t usually clean ting he nestit is enough as it can scare my adult finches, in fact sometimestion when I just touch the nest to check on the babies they would abandon. I also try to mimick the wild in that sense. In the willete d their nest would not be cleaned out adopted just leave it until all the babies are fledged and then remove it after. They fledge at around 3 wks.

@Tage Fraza.
IMG_20180413_095859.jpg
IMG_20180413_095935.jpg
[/quote]

They are so cute! What colors are they?[/quote]
It is mixed nest
Isabels (fawn ISXfawn Is)
Grey and fawn BB ( fawn Bb /OB x grey Bb)
And a very odd one and it was tjz unique fertile egg of Pheao /OB and Fawn BBOB, this chick has isabel color with very orange cheek patch
@ " Flight Feathers "
Last edited by haroun on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Fraza wrote: Wow all those chicks I got 4 out of 4 fertile eggs off my larsome ritish Debbie’s then the fat mum cracked two eggs and then two hatched but they didn’t feed and one died then the other one I have to the society’s for it then to get it’s leg stuck in beddin and nowbits fledges and it’s foot is hanging off

So I’m not as lucky as use with 7 chicks :( hope I get more luck next time
When i suspect hens that may not feed so i setup a mate in sametime, i left some parents to sit in, some others left them only lay and give them rest.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:06 am

haroun yes this is what I’ve started to do I’ve got societys pairs set up now so if birds breed like the stars which leave the eggs and the zebbies I will give them these society’s

However none of my star or heck eggs hatched which is sad but it’s there first breed
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3