One more question!

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
animalobsessed
Hatchling
Hatchling

One more question!

Post by animalobsessed » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:00 pm

I love this forum, i get quick answers from experienced people. Ok so i have posted FOUR threads over the course of 24 hours :oops: lol i promise i won't spam this forum with all my random questions.

Ok will the following work out:
(I just want to make sure)

A breeding pair of gouldian finches
A pair of FEMALE society finches
together^

I will be breeding gouldians, and i don't want to lose any babies if the parents decide to abandon their babies. I was thinking if i could put a pair of societies to take over in case this happens. I want to keep same sex pair for the societies just because i dont want my aviary overrun with society finches [-X lol.

Any problems with my idea? Thanks in advance.
Chloe - 2 year old chihuahua
Banana - 1 year old crested gecko
Penelope - zebra finch (age unknown, likely around 1)
Zane - zebra finch (age unknown, likely around 1)
Takisumi - juvenile double tail betta fish
Alex - 2 year old veilltail betta fish
la negra - adult guppy fish

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: One more question!

Post by lovezebs » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:24 pm

animalobsessed

You will find that the Societies will take over the Gouldian's nest and eggs, and chase tge Gouldians out.

Societies love nests and eggs (anyone's eggs).
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:42 pm

lovezebs

I did not observe any of the society finches to ever enter the nest of another occupying pair when I had many species in my bird room together. Society finches are docile and avoided confrontation.
~Dylan

~~~

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:15 pm

animalobsessed

It really depends on your birds. My society finches never tried to take over my gouldians' nest box, but my gouldians weren't too happy with the societies and occasionally chased them around. The male gouldian then tried to take over my societies' nest box and started picking at their nestlings. This could also be an issue with your society finches fostering, as the gouldians would not recognize the babies in the societies' nest as their own.

It's generally better to separate the gouldians from the society finches during breeding season. It's a risk; you may or may not be successful with that setup.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:25 pm

Sheather

I've had Societies chase out Gouldians .

They just push their way into the nest and will sit with the parents, then slowly push them out of the nest, filling the nest with Socies until there was no room for the Gouldians.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:19 pm

lovezebs made me laugh reading this

lovezebs wrote: Sheather

They just push their way into the nest and will sit with the parents, then slowly push them out of the nest, filling the nest with Socies until there was no room for the Gouldians.
Because this is society’s they seem so social but kids around and they like move these are mine lol
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:49 am

~Elana~

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 am

lovezebs wrote: Sheather

The quiet way. Slowly and peaceful way to get the goal.
L :mrgreen: