Eggs and chicks and uodates

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Fraza
Molting
Molting

Eggs and chicks and uodates

Post by Fraza » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:11 pm

So instead of making post after post I’m going to make this one listing my birds thatbhave eggs or chicks and add all updates here

Finchie my pied zeb and bc Male have three fertile eggs hatching 30 Yh
large British zebras are breeding now waiting for eggs
stars have laid three
Java’s have laid three (grey )
Java’s opal Isabel have 4 hatchling 10 days old
Then my one legged large British zebra chick is learning to fly now and staying with the society’s who fostered him however these society’s have started nesting so it thinking eggs

The Java’s grey and stars and large zebs or society’s haven’t finished clutch yet all others have
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: Eggs and chicks and uodates

Post by Fraza » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Java’s bigger
Attachments
4438608B-850D-4B34-A9FC-2E362FF7C084.jpeg
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:53 am

Java and zebbie
Attachments
A65FC2E1-223E-4C52-9954-00ABA5B0D539.jpeg
B2783B77-A7CD-4189-9B56-7F5B9B044921.jpeg
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Post by canary3000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Fraza wrote: So instead of making post after post I’m going to make this one listing my birds thatbhave eggs or chicks and add all updates here

Finchie my pied zeb and bc Male have three fertile eggs hatching 30 Yh
large British zebras are breeding now waiting for eggs
stars have laid three
Java’s have laid three (grey )
Java’s opal Isabel have 4 hatchling 10 days old
Then my one legged large British zebra chick is learning to fly now and staying with the society’s who fostered him however these society’s have started nesting so it thinking eggs

The Java’s grey and stars and large zebs or society’s haven’t finished clutch yet all others have
congrats. You must feel happy, proud, relief...

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:05 am

canary3000 thankyou and yeh I am amazing compare to last year
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:39 am

Fraza wrote: canary3000 thankyou and yeh I am amazing compare to last year
Most people have dificulty when they first start out tho and I still have plenty of things go wrong all the time! But it does get better... eventually. The parent birds get better too :D
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:09 am

Flight Feathers Yh it was the big change to the aviary having breeding pairs in doors is so much easier don’t have to worry about he weather effecting then or them not going in at night,fighting,hurting thetrself , getting stuck

If I was to advise someone who is moving to an aviary I would say make sure the aviary is exactly 100 percent comeplete have the ways the birds get in and out, have timed light , insulation , heater etc not abit at a time like me having to have a mistake to then know the solohtin but atkeast now they are all fine and I’ve never had any birds ILL of infection or out
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:18 am

Fraza, congrats in that nice Javas, keep it up man, what about society Coco and his band no breeding program for them?
Fraza wrote: Flight Feathers Yh it was the big change to the aviary having breeding pairs in doors is so much easier don’t have to worry about he weather effecting then or them not going in at night,fighting,hurting thetrself , getting stuck

If I was to advise someone who is moving to an aviary I would say make sure the aviary is exactly 100 percent comeplete have the ways the birds get in and out, have timed light , insulation , heater etc not abit at a time like me having to have a mistake to then know the solohtin but atkeast now they are all fine and I’ve never had any birds ILL of infection or out
Exactly, more success u will get if u breed finchs in single breeding box

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:54 am

haroun yeh coco has eggs aswell with the chocolate metal ring hen and I know yeh it’s more successful in cages I just don’t have the room or time especially as it’s exam time right now for me and every bird has decided to breed great lol :lol:
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:54 am

Joking not every bird there’s is still the heck’s, 2 society pairs and a zeb pair yet to breed
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:55 am

haroun and thankyou aswell it’s oeoole like you that have help me learn how to be successfully
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Fraza good luck, in the exam, wish u all success in every domain. =D>

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Fraza wrote: Flight Feathers Yh it was the big change to the aviary having breeding pairs in doors is so much easier don’t have to worry about he weather effecting then or them not going in at night,fighting,hurting thetrself , getting stuck

Yes definitely! Although I’ve done my actual aviary one piece at a time! It’s been extended three times now!! And we’ve had to add double wire in some places etc to stop cats from attacking my birds. Haven’t got any heating tho. In fact when my aviary was first built there was no double door. As soon as I went in there my budgies went straight for the door and nearly got out! So we built a double door pretty soon after that.

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:21 pm

haroun wrote: Fraza, congrats in that nice Javas, keep it up man, what about society Coco and his band no breeding program for them?

Exactly, more success u will get if u breed finchs in single breeding box
I find it’s definitely better breeding them in a breeding cage BUT there is a down part. And that is that the babies are never as tame because you can’t handle them the same. What I do is breed my finches in the aviary and as soon as the babies leave the nest I shift them to the breeding cage with their parents. That way they’re easier to check on in the aviary without freaking the parents out too much and then once they’re fledged they go in the breeding cage. And then I can see them all too when they’re in there. It works well for me because the parents feed them much better when they’re in a breeding cage because the babies don’t go getting lost etc.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 am

Flight Feathers yep the babies love playing hide and seek lol
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL