Two new clutches and mini zeebs

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
JustAlex09
Hatchling
Hatchling

Two new clutches and mini zeebs

Post by JustAlex09 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:28 am

So I had two more clutches recently. Bast and Sobek produced three more babies:
Cute little birbs. They don't have names yet. Nice and normal sized, though the feathers on their backs are taking their sweet time growing in.

Iah (one of the whiteish ones from a previous clutch) had her first clutch. Not sure who the dad is but I think it might be Osiris. He's got himself a new lady friend recently....
Anyway, Iah's clutch is weirdly... tiny. And when I say tiny I mean they're literally half the size of every other zeeb and society I have.
The little blob between Katy and Aphid is one of Iah's babies and that's literally the whole baby right there. Just... tiny. Tiny flew into the nest and Katy and Aphid were just like "this is fine" and started preening the bebe. They're so nice. :)

Anyway, does anyone know of any mutations that would produce pint-sized zebra finches?
Zebra Finches - Isis & Osiris, Bast & Sobek, Anubis, Ra, Horus, Iah, Kauket, Menhit
Society Finches - Cricket, Fly, Katydid, Amblypygi, Aphid, Roach, Mantis, Mothra, Ladybug, Junebug
House Sparrow - Pig
Cockatiel - Merlin
Bourke Parakeets - Ruby, Graphite
Budgie - R2D2
... and 5 cats, a turtle, 2 fish and a dog.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: Two new clutches and mini zeebs

Post by Fraza » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:45 pm

There is a thing of large British zebras and they are just a different type they are huge I have a pair of them and they have just raised a chick who’s fledged and he’s already the same size as my normal zebs

Look out for some
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 pm

JustAlex09 Cutie-pies! I don't know of any mutations that would be especially smaller than normal. Perhaps yours will catch up with time and get to be more normal size.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

JustAlex09
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by JustAlex09 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:51 pm

So Iah had a second clutch of two mini-zeebs about a week apart from Bast popping out another clutch of basically triplets. They were out of the nest a lot faster than Bast's babies, but still go to Iah for food so I'm guessing they're either leaving the nest early or they're just maturing a lot slower than the other babies (Bast's babies beaks turned orange pretty quickly but Iah's babies still have black beaks.) I'm wondering if this is possibly because Iah is white. Either way, they're very cute and smol. :)
Zebra Finches - Isis & Osiris, Bast & Sobek, Anubis, Ra, Horus, Iah, Kauket, Menhit
Society Finches - Cricket, Fly, Katydid, Amblypygi, Aphid, Roach, Mantis, Mothra, Ladybug, Junebug
House Sparrow - Pig
Cockatiel - Merlin
Bourke Parakeets - Ruby, Graphite
Budgie - R2D2
... and 5 cats, a turtle, 2 fish and a dog.