zebra/society finch egg differences?

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
birdose
Hatchling
Hatchling

zebra/society finch egg differences?

Post by birdose » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:20 am

We have a cage with society finches and black cheek zebra finches, and someone laid a single egg recently. Are there any physical differences between society and zebra finch eggs, like size, shape, and whatnot? :D
☆Orange-Cheeked Zebra Finches, Black-Cheeked Zebra Finches, and Society Finches☆

Non-finch Friends: 2 dogs, 3 English budgies, a guinea pig, a rabbit, a cockatiel, and a lovebird

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: zebra/society finch egg differences?

Post by Icearstorm » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:04 pm

birdose

The eggs are very similar so I don't know if anyone will be able to help; however, if it hatches, societies are naked while zebras are fuzzy upon hatching. Either species can foster the other's babies, so it doesn't matter as much if the "parents" aren't the same species as the babies.

birdose
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by birdose » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Icearstorm wrote: birdose

The eggs are very similar so I don't know if anyone will be able to help; however, if it hatches, societies are naked while zebras are fuzzy upon hatching. Either species can foster the other's babies, so it doesn't matter as much if the "parents" aren't the same species as the babies.
Oh wow, I didn't know that they would be different upon hatching! Thank you so much for the useful response :D
☆Orange-Cheeked Zebra Finches, Black-Cheeked Zebra Finches, and Society Finches☆

Non-finch Friends: 2 dogs, 3 English budgies, a guinea pig, a rabbit, a cockatiel, and a lovebird

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:40 pm

birdose
You're welcome!