S76 or Iverlux during breeding season

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Giusseppe83
Pip
Pip

S76 or Iverlux during breeding season

Post by Giusseppe83 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi everyone

This is my very first post in this amazing forum

I have canaries and goldfinches and we are in the middle of breeding season

I have a canari which i suspect has air sac mite. If i ever decide to treat it with S76 or Iverlux (diluted in water as per instructions) will it affect its fertility or ability to breed ? Has anyone tested these two products during breeding ?

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Rob
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Re: S76 or Iverlux during breeding season

Post by Rob » Wed May 08, 2019 12:43 pm

I only have experience using SCATT, which makes them infertile during the period. (2 weeks for canaries). The active period for S76 is 7-9 hours, I imagine iverlux is similar, and needs to be given every few days for 21 days from what I understand.

Based on this, I'd say they won't be fertile during treatment (the added stress of breeding may be hard on them anyway if they're already sick).

EDIT: Looks like S76 doesn't affect fertility, so it's safe while breeding!

What makes you think they have air-sac mites? I know a breeder who's bred canaries who have issues with wheezing without issues. The offspring all have the same issue with wheezing from time to time though. I've had success giving probiotics to increase health, so may be worth trying. If it is airsac mites, you may not have success breeding.

Hope this information helps. May not be 100% accurate but it's what I understand to be true. Best of luck breeding!

Giusseppe83
Pip
Pip

Re: S76 or Iverlux during breeding season

Post by Giusseppe83 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Thank you flirty bird I appreciate your input on this topic