How’s everyone’s breeding going??

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: How’s everyone’s breeding going??

Post by Icearstorm » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:35 am

Fraza

That would make sense. Three of mine were bred in a flight cage (I don't know about Tacocat), but since they're all society finches, there isn't much conflict. I've seen Tacocat and Floopy beak-fence with each other over food, but that's about it.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:33 am

Icearstorm yeah it is interesting because it’s hard to know where some birds come from but I know coco and about 3 other of my society’s where aviary bred and they are a lot more fiesta than the others lol but I guess it’s because they had to handle more tougher birds around them

Do you keep any females ??
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Fraza

I did have females, but two were pied, one was infertile (and I didn't want her mate in the gene pool, so they went together), and the other died. So I don't have any at the moment, but I'm waiting until the weather cools down so I can ship some over. I'll probably get a couple pairs of Euros, and just keep more males than females. My current four birds didn't gang up on my last hen when I had her, so I'm not worried about them harassing anyone.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:38 am

Icearstorm yeah that sounds like a good plan I’m unsure at the moment because I have a pure white and a pied and it’s causing me to get lots of pied chicks instead of euros and selfs so I’m debating maybe selling them but on the other hand they raise chicks well and have survived through winter befirw
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:19 am

Fraza

Do your societies breed year-round, or during a specific season? If not year-round, maybe you could just separate your white and pieds from the rest while your selfs breed.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Icearstorm they breed year round however through winter they usually won’t breed, I have them in pairs of trios so I don’t want to split them because maybe they might never go back as pairs and just start all jumping in one nest

I’m thinking of extending my aviary and making a cage set up in it to do proper breeding for specific colours
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL