Seeking Breeders in Minnesota... or just the midwest?

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
Mishka
Pip
Pip

Seeking Breeders in Minnesota... or just the midwest?

Post by Mishka » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Hello,
Im seeking a list of breeders in Minnesota or surrounding area for finches.

My heart is begging for someone to help me. I have a special situation in which I want to provide a companion to my (100% hand fed from an egg) domesticated and spoiled finch who recently lost her friend (neurological disease- at 5 years old. She passed away in the caring arms of the vet staff at Avian Como animal Hospital).... noting could be done. One of the worst days of my life.

I am not species specific on finches with the exception of no Zebs- She is a german finch who is very special and I dont want to trigger her breeding behavior (as she believes she is a parrot- haha). My current fid spends multiple hours a day outside the enclosure, watching TV, taking a bath- clicker trained and perfect sweetheart. She cant be with a wild bird- but she is a finch. A finch that had 'no chance of survival' and I cared for till she is now an adult.

I am seeking a hatchling or nestling (2 weeks old is ideal... some pin feathers but not fledgling, will be fed in an incubator, then transferred to a weaning enclosure, then finally introduced in a very delicate way to my finch.... I assume they will become good friends in her giant palace)- I am willing to drive or fly, cost is not an issue. I have hand raised hundreds of birds- from passerine and psittacine, I have documentation that can attribute to that fact if necessary, as well as my extensive research on finches (care, breeding, husbandry, veterinary).

I take utmost pride in the health of my fid, and know this is the only option to make her happy again.
Can anyone help? You can PM me..... please.