Female Zebra Finch already has hatchlings, laid another egg

Tips for successful breeding and troubleshooting breeding problems.
AliciaMarie777
Pip
Pip

Female Zebra Finch already has hatchlings, laid another egg

Post by AliciaMarie777 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:32 am

My female zebra finch Gracie has 6 babies. 3 died over the night. I got 2 out of the nest because I didn't want them to decay. Sadly I couldn't find the other one. I think its buried in the nesting material. They were the 3 younger of the bunch. The older 3 are doing well and are 5 days old. A little back story: This was her first clutch and she had laid 7 eggs in all. 3 eggs one week and 4 a week later. The 7th egg died late during incubation. I do candle them if there is a concern. I had to remove it because it was rotting. Basically she laid 2 different clutches with different hatch dates
Now she has laid another egg! I dont know what to do. It might be infertile but I am so confused as to what to do about this. They are still caring for there babies even after I had to remove the dead ones. I still have not found the missing 3rd baby. I believe it has passed but I have not confirmed this because it is simply missing. I do believe it is buried under the material because the others were slightly covered. I saw daddy finch poking at one and noticing that it wasn't moving. Needless to say they seem to know they have lost some. Any advice? I'm new to this and I love them so much. I dont mind them having some babies. I just want the best for them.

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Re: Female Zebra Finch already has hatchlings, laid another

Post by haroun » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:01 am

hi , just remove any new egg