Bird Product.com/Arizona Birds For Sale/Paradise Earth

Share your favorite books and links here.
608duj
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Re: Bird Product.com/Arizona Birds For Sale/Paradise Earth

Post by 608duj » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:28 am

David told me he sells primarily to zoos and has about 4000 birds.

Learning Finch
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Learning Finch » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:26 am

that's what he told me. I didn't count the birds however there are TUNS. when he gets a shipment of finches in I would say there were at least 100. in each housing unit. as for zoo's There were at least a dozen different birds that I would consider zoo quality ( what I mean is something you only see in zoos) Like I stated before his prices are not cheap by any means. Example.... I payed 120 for strawberrys... Thats the going rate or I found them for 95. but have shipping cost... I payed 500. for a pair of lutinos on black Friday. Then found them at the finch farm for 120. each. reg 170. each but then again shipping 100. so I'm gonna have to be a little more diligent in resurch before I impulse buy again... However David is a great guy and his wife is nice also. I just get the impression its more then a hobby like he says and his prices are not as low as he makes it seam.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:02 am

I always would prefer to buy locally when possible, because shipping is stressful on the birds (me too!), not to mention the extra cost. If I lived in AZ or CA, I would be in serious trouble, because it would be much harder to resist overbuying. There are many good vendors out there, but then there are a few who are not, so it's always good to ask for recommendations. You can learn from other people's experiences--all vendors SOUND good, and of course they are going to tell you what you want to hear.

The price of Strawberries was all over the place, because they had not been available for such a long time. Most did not expect the large number that were imported, and so the prices started out high. They have been dropping gradually, but it seems they have stabilized for now. I would be extremely surprised if any more came in, and unless a lot of people work with them, getting the numbers up, the prices will probably go back up again.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

metinemre
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by metinemre » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:31 am

Soon another visit to David to fill the new cages with new cuties :D
pair of green singers
had to give away everything else due to allergies :(