Birds2Grow

Share your favorite books and links here.
Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Birds2Grow

Post by Sally » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:59 pm

Anyone know what has happened with this company? They are located in Grass Valley, CA, and have been around for a while. This is run by Carol Heesen, who has written many articles about finches that I have read on the web. Anyway, I have tried and tried to place an order with them, their website 'cart' is not working, and they do not answer emails or return phone calls. It all seems very strange, since the website is still up. Thought maybe someone on here has heard something, or would know her.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:15 pm

Well, I just had my email to Birds2Grow returned as undeliverable--message said mailbox quota was exceeded. That sounds like they have not been reading and deleting their messages, right? Very strange.

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:53 pm

I started having problems with their site some months ago and was forced to use a different company, unfortunately. I do not know what is going on with the site, but it's a shame it appears to be out of service.

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:37 am

Quite awhile ago (a year?) I started to read complaints about the company not responding to emails and the cart not working. Word on the forums was that it was eventually sold to somebody who had it up and running again for a bit, but it looks like that didn't last long. Too bad.
Hilary

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:44 pm

Yeah, what Hilary said.
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~