Aver1724 IS ----------Aver5094 - Alex - please stay away

Share your favorite books and links here.
purplejasminevn
Expecting
Expecting

Aver1724 IS ----------Aver5094 - Alex - please stay away

Post by purplejasminevn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:30 am

This is the same person - Please DO NOT deal with
http://pets.oodle.com/view/fawn-owl-fin ... -beach-fl/
Q

Peales,Forbes,Strawberries,Purple Grenadier,BF and RF,Masked grass,BC/RC Cordons,Chestnut Mannikin,Society,GB,Goulds,Owls,Y&R * Senegal Fires,Gray/Green Singers,Yellow-bellied/OC Waxbills, Lavenders,St. Helenas,Pearl Headed/Bronze-W Mannikins,EUGold,Canaries,Chestnut Bellied,Heavy SG Pie & More

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Re: Aver1724 IS ----------Aver5094 - Alex - please stay away

Post by cindy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:34 am

if you scroll down on the same page they claim to have Heumo zebras....no such mutation. The same ad showed up in my area the next town over in my county, the guy said his name was Tom. (Broker). Claimed to have a huge list of finches. This is a small town and if there was a huge finch breeder in the area trust me I would know about it.

I did contact one of the leading authorities on the mutation Heumo....confirmed no such mutation. So I decided to email the seller and ask bout the "Heumo" mutation, he claimed is so rare.

He responded it is a cross between a penguin and an English (basically a normal but show quality) zebra.

I wrote back so basically you are selling splits...normal zebra that carried the penguin gene, I raise penguins and have what are called splits with one pair...yours are split normalxpenguin there is not a true mutation called Heumos.

Buyer beware...scam Someone else contacted the same guy and they gve a different name. I also asked him about OB and BB zebras, he said he can get them within a week. Broker...sounds like the guy or guys are taking ads out in different areas, using different names.

By the way there is a true mutation called EUMO but not the HEUMO they claim to have.

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:20 pm

I looked at the list of birds he has advertised...it must be the same guy or group, the list was the same that was run a few weeks ago, same birds and pricing on ebay classifieds Tampabay. The listings have since had the list of birds and prices removed, a general we have finches" ad run with a phone number with an area code for this area.....he claims he is a top breeder here.

~ My Facebook groups ~

purplejasminevn
Expecting
Expecting

Post by purplejasminevn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:25 pm

[quote="cindy"]I looked at the list of birds he has advertised...it must be the same guy or group, the list was the same that was run a few weeks ago, same birds and pricing on ebay classifieds Tampabay. The listings have since had the list of birds and prices removed, a general we have finches" ad run with a phone number with an area code for this area.....he claims he is a top breeder here.[/quote

It is so wrong
Q

Peales,Forbes,Strawberries,Purple Grenadier,BF and RF,Masked grass,BC/RC Cordons,Chestnut Mannikin,Society,GB,Goulds,Owls,Y&R * Senegal Fires,Gray/Green Singers,Yellow-bellied/OC Waxbills, Lavenders,St. Helenas,Pearl Headed/Bronze-W Mannikins,EUGold,Canaries,Chestnut Bellied,Heavy SG Pie & More

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 pm

I think he is running ads all over Florida...some are set up the same but different phone numbers for different areas. If you want to shut him down, write to the online classifieds and tell them what happened...they can pull the ads and ban him...the only problem is if her decides to change servers, locations he may be able to post again.

~ My Facebook groups ~

purplejasminevn
Expecting
Expecting

Post by purplejasminevn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:10 pm

cindy wrote:I think he is running ads all over Florida...some are set up the same but different phone numbers for different areas. If you want to shut him down, write to the online classifieds and tell them what happened...they can pull the ads and ban him...the only problem is if her decides to change servers, locations he may be able to post again.

Ok , Thanks- I will do what ever I can in my power. :evil:
Q

nixity
Molting
Molting

Post by nixity » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Yep he strikes again.. this is the guy that was stealing photos from me and Kim Sasala, among other folks.

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 am

flag his ads and report him, he should not be using other's pictures either...he is in almost every major online clssified city on Florida's ebayclassified.com...hit him where it hurts
Last edited by cindy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ My Facebook groups ~

LuxandLolita
Brooding
Brooding

Post by LuxandLolita » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 am

Right when you ppsted just now Cindy,i found an ad for buy20get20 java rice finches in chicago. I dont like javas but i knew not to take two looks at the ad because it said he had zebbies! Thanks for this thread!
Kaite
Mother to Two Zebra Finches, Lux Interior and Sheena Is. Fly Free Ivy, Lolita, and Tahny Bird. 2 Cockatiels, Ian Curtis and Singerboy("Beo"), 2 Cats, Betty and Buddy, and 5 Ferrets, Lydia Lunch, Leia("Kitten"), Coda, Tubesock and Stiv Bators
Lux Interior is six years old!

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:16 am

Katie, this guy is mostly in Florida.

~ My Facebook groups ~

Sharona
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Sharona » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:30 am

I did a Google search on Aver5094 and found his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/aver5094#!/aver5094

He has quite a few bird pictures on there along with a GRUESOME picture of some dead birds he states were killed by a loggerhead. He has at least one of Roy's pictures on this site and I'm pretty sure a few more don't belong to him.
Sharon

Owned by 3 Society finches - Loudy, Captain and Christopher Robin,
one Parrotlet - Gizmo, one Kitty - Kenya and one Pomeranian - Shogun!
It's a jungle here!

LuxandLolita
Brooding
Brooding

Post by LuxandLolita » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

Cindy,its the same ad.i looked around.i tried to get the link but i cant find it,i closed it out without thinking...
Kaite
Mother to Two Zebra Finches, Lux Interior and Sheena Is. Fly Free Ivy, Lolita, and Tahny Bird. 2 Cockatiels, Ian Curtis and Singerboy("Beo"), 2 Cats, Betty and Buddy, and 5 Ferrets, Lydia Lunch, Leia("Kitten"), Coda, Tubesock and Stiv Bators
Lux Interior is six years old!

DanteD716
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by DanteD716 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:58 am

You know, I'm browsing hoobly, see some really nice birds, great prices, get to the bottom, says heumo zebras. And Alex. So mad! :evil:
Dante

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:03 am

Dante...this was discussed a couple of week ago about the Heumos....the ad is running over by me as well...same person...he told me his name is Tom...told someone else a different name. (I have his emails) I confronted him about the Heumos..no such thing he claims it is rare, hard to find, it is a English and penguin mix...I told him in other words a split. SCAM His ads show up on the Orlando, Tampabay, Miami, Palm Bch Florida ebayclassified.

~ My Facebook groups ~

okiebirds
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by okiebirds » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 am

Im not defending him in any way and as far as I know there are only two of us on the forum that have dealt with him personally.

This happens about every three months or so. His business practices have always been shady. And while its possible he may broker some birds he is also a breeder himself and is a relative of the Vera's in Cuba which are very respected Gouldian breeders in Cuba and worldwide. Doesnt make him one though...

The only thing I have known him to do is plagiarize photos and get confrontational. I purchased birds from him twice about a year ago when I was first starting out and did not know of his exploits. Had I know at that time I would not have. The birds i got from him were healthy and have been very fertile. Producing very well with my locally bred birds. Would I purchase from him again? Probably not with what I know about him now. But if he makes good on his promise to have blue faced gouldians or lutinos this year then I may be tempted to discuss it.

Does this make him a "ethical" seller...no. And there is nothing to stop you/us from sharing that information and educating others about his business ethics. But while his name is all over the web selling birds Ive never seen a single internet post saying "I've been ripped off by Aver5094....and I have searched. If he is stealing photos...report him. If you feel he is selling something that he doesnt have... then here in America you need to have proof. And if you have proof then report him.

As of his claims of having or having access to a rare breed or mutation It wouldnt surprise me at all as he has many South Florida and Cuban connections in the finch world.
Stan
GOULDIANS...we have a few :)