purchasing birds

Share your favorite books and links here.
lou
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

purchasing birds

Post by lou » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Hope this in the right place, Bird broker Adrian Castillo, buyers beware, I've been taken one to many times. He will be at critter fest in Washington , San Jose show ,Arizona show, Sac zebra show and at the foothill bird fanciers show
lou

DanteD716
Good Egg
Good Egg

Re: purchasing birds

Post by DanteD716 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Looks like I have nothing to worry about, but thanks for warning us. What has happened between you two if I may ask?
Dante

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi lou. It is awful to be taken advantage of... especially when they parade around like a bird lover :evil:

purplejasminevn
Expecting
Expecting

Post by purplejasminevn » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:05 am

lou wrote:Hope this in the right place, Bird broker Adrian Castillo, buyers beware, I've been taken one to many times. He will be at critter fest in Washington , San Jose show ,Arizona show, Sac zebra show and at the foothill bird fanciers show
lou
Thanks Lou
Q

Peales,Forbes,Strawberries,Purple Grenadier,BF and RF,Masked grass,BC/RC Cordons,Chestnut Mannikin,Society,GB,Goulds,Owls,Y&R * Senegal Fires,Gray/Green Singers,Yellow-bellied/OC Waxbills, Lavenders,St. Helenas,Pearl Headed/Bronze-W Mannikins,EUGold,Canaries,Chestnut Bellied,Heavy SG Pie & More

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:02 am

We have had numerous conversations about this crook in the past:

http://finchforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14331

http://finchforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13366

Many victims. This guy is a habitual offender - a total scam. Buyers beware.
God is my redeemer and it is through Him I have found eternal happiness. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I am truly loved. I wish all this and more for all members of our finch forum family. May you all be blessed and highly favored. <3

~*Friend, companion, and caretaker for too many birds to count.*~

DanteD716
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by DanteD716 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 am

Oh my :shock: that poor bird in the first thread..
Dante

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:12 pm

I have not purchased from this vendor, but some time ago, he advertised Strawberries for sale. In emails, he said that he had bred them himself, had numerous bloodlines, etc. I did not feel good about the information I received, and so I passed on them. I later found out they were wild-caughts, imported from Canada.

As many on here know, I don't have a problem with wild-caughts, I have imported some myself from Canada. However, I do have a problem when a vendor is not honest. I figure if he will lie about one thing, then I cannot trust him to be honest about other things, and I will not do business with dishonest vendors.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lou
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by lou » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:46 pm

This is the PISSER, I know Adrian! Sally, the berries that you referred to, he said that he had sold them to someone in the mid west 450. a pair. Adrian doesn't breed birds, maybe societies/canaries, I have been to his place many times. The birds I picked up from him were black hooded siskins which one of the cocks was a sub species. He said that he drove to birds express to pick up birds for a show and I know that he didn't because I saw the shipping containers and if he had gone down to L.A he would have made sure that the birds were all the same
lou

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:07 pm

That just makes me sick. The fact that this man is willing to even predate on people that he personally knows with lies, sick birds, and mislabeled species speaks volumes on his character, or serious lack of.

You know, talk about people who are in the hobby for the wrong reasons. It's sickening. Pure rubbish. People like Adrian Castillo offend me with their dishonesty and unethical practices. I hold marts and anywhere else that plays host to this cretin and his pathetic selling practices accountable as well. Certainly there must be standards in which need to be put into place so that one bad apple does not spew misfortunes onto the hobby and honest breeders/vendors as a whole.
God is my redeemer and it is through Him I have found eternal happiness. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I am truly loved. I wish all this and more for all members of our finch forum family. May you all be blessed and highly favored. <3

lou
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by lou » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi bugaboo,
I have posted this on other lists that I belong to also. I'm bringing this matter up with our club meeting, Our club puts on the Foothill bird fanciers show in Roseville Ca. I am going to notify other show officials to address these problems.
lou

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Awesome! Nail him right in the bulls eye. Enough is enough. If a newcomer to bird-keeping purchases birds from Adrian and those bird(s) die due to pre-existing conditions-illnesses-diseases, just imagine the long-term trauma to the bird owners and overall impressions of our hobby. Good for you in being proactive in this matter. Adrian needs a rude awakening and a good taste of karma. :roll: [-X