Gouldian site- healthcare, supplies, sales, & info

Share your favorite books and links here.
sunnydove
Nestling
Nestling

Gouldian site- healthcare, supplies, sales, & info

Post by sunnydove » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Don't know if this one has ever been posted or not, but I found lots of very useful info here.

Judy

http://www.friskyfinches.com/index.htm
Find a place to be quiet enough to hear what's inside you!!

Fur & Feather Mom of: 1-Maltipoo, 1-Toy Poodle, 1 - Border Collie, 1 -Great Pyrenees, 4-cats, LGF's... RH/WB/BB-Dilute, BH/PB/GB, YH/PB/GB, RH/PB/GB-BLUE, BH/WB/GB, RH/PB/GB.

Fancie Flight
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Fancie Flight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:57 am

Always good to have more shopping options. lol
" Nothing is harder to do gracefully than getting off your high horse"

sunnydove
Nestling
Nestling

Post by sunnydove » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:28 am

Fancie,

Where do you live in WA? My ex was stationed at Ft Lewis in late 70's and both my kids were born at the 'old' Madigan hosp on post. I loved it there. It is truly "God's country". You are lucky.

Judy

Fur & Feather Mom of: 1-Maltipoo, 1-Toy Poodle, 1 - Border Collie, 1 -Great Pyrenees, 4-cats, LGF's... RH/WB/BB-Dilute, BH/PB/GB, YH/PB/GB, RH/PB/GB-BLUE, BH/WB/GB, RH/PB/GB.

Fancie Flight
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Fancie Flight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:00 pm

REALLY WOW, I live in a small town ya probably heard of Mckenna, Its between Yelm and Roy and Yep 5 minutes from Fort Lewis we here all the booms and bangs during there war games, lol

I wouldnt trade it for anything, 20 acres on a hill no one can see us here, private quiet and green year round, I love it.
The east gate to fort lewis is about a 6 minute drive away

sunnydove
Nestling
Nestling

Post by sunnydove » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:56 pm

McKenna doesn't ring a bell for me, but I do remember Roy. We lived in Fife when we first got there, then the last year we were there we lived in an apt off of Meridian Ave and 162nd. We had a friend who lived in Buckley that we use to go visit often. I really do miss hiking through the beautiful Olympic Park and Mt Rainier park trails.

Judy

Fancie Flight
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Fancie Flight » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:51 am

Thats funny I lived in Fife before moving here to, lol My sister lives off meridian and 67th and meridian is about 25 minutes away Mckenns is next door to Roy, we are 1 gas station store a gun shop and 2 ity bity wanna be restaurants, lol

sunnydove
Nestling
Nestling

Post by sunnydove » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:11 am

It's always such a small world when meeting people on these forums. I began chatting with, I believe, Houston about military and Germany. Then several others began inserting their commonalities with each other and it was like we were all meant to meet.
I really do miss being up there in WA. Would love to come and spend a month there just hiking and the trails and going to so many of the wonderful and beautiful places that I missed out on when there. Since I was pregnant when I got there, and my daughter was 9mos old when I became pregnant with my son, and he was 6wks old when the ex got out of the Army, we didnt' have the opportunity to do much. Oh well, I do have my memories.

Take care,
Judy

Fancie Flight
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Fancie Flight » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:45 pm

There is alot to do, we can go an hour and be either at the ocean or the mountains. lol
Sounds like ya had your hands full with little ones. but least ya saw some of the beauty here.

I Own a hors eboard and have met 2 best buds online and lucked ou tthey live in nearby towns Id have NEVER known them without internet, we go ride together have picnics and dinners together its great,

Ravyn
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Ravyn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:58 pm

I'm in Lynnwood. I was born at Madigan hospital too, in Fort Lewis.

I know just where McKenna is. Can I steal some of your acreage? Please? It's my dream to own a house with acreage someday :(

sunnydove
Nestling
Nestling

Post by sunnydove » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:56 pm

Oooh! Now see, Fancie, I need to be there so I can ride with you. I had a mare and yearling colt, but sold them both 1 1/2 yrs ago due to health condition. Dr said I shouldn't be riding, but I do have friends with horses and and I can ride the "old nag" types (the ones that don't wanna trot and run) as my C-spine can't take all the jarring. I've had 4 surgeries on my neck and in a lot of pain (neck and headaches) much of the time. I just keep on doing what I have to do though.

Take care,
Judy

Fancie Flight
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Fancie Flight » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:43 pm

HI Ravyn,

you are very close to me also, HI THERE :D and NO ya cant steal my acreage lol

Judy Im sorry about your back and neck, I cant imagine life without my horses, cats, dogs, birds, fish and soo on. lol

Ravyn
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Ravyn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Aww, c'mon. Just one little acre? You won't miss it, I promise :D

*laugh*

FeatherHarp

Post by FeatherHarp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:26 pm

I want an acre too...Please...Please!!!!! :shock:

Can't ride no horses either...just like Sunnydove...I have had back surgery and can't allow my spine to get jarred....but a nice hammock would look nice on my 1 acre...eh? :wink:

FF....go stand outside your house and wave...these google maps sure get in close....I bet I could even see what you are wearing lol! :shock: :shock: :shock:

sunnydove
Nestling
Nestling

Post by sunnydove » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:15 pm

Well, I don't have the horses any longer, but have plenty of other animals to keep me busy. I have (outside): two neutered male dogs -a Border Collie and a Sheperd/Chow/Collie mix, seven Holland Lop bunnies (4 does and 3 bucks -2 are due with babies any time for Easter), 4 Silkie chickens and 1 rooster, 6 miscellaneous hens and 1 rooster, 3 cats and a Koi pond. I also have one goat (whom I hope is pregnant since she's been running with a friend's billy goat for a few months) and next week or so, I'm getting ready to get 2 young female Barbado sheep.

Inside I have: my 2 baby girls- Jade is a black Toy poodle and Brandy is a Maltepoo, 5 birds at the moment- pair of Cordon's and pair of dilute LGF and a single bird that has not moulted into adult plumage yet, so I'm waiting to get mate, a 75gal tank and 30 gal both with guppies.

Those are my pets; then I have all the wild birds I feed and provide nests for, barred owls that hang around the neighborhood and plenty of squirrels.

Judy

sunnydove
Nestling
Nestling

Post by sunnydove » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:17 pm

BTW, I ordered some supplies from Frisky Finches and I liked the way everything was packaged and it came fairly quick (DHL). Gary was very nice and emailed me several times.

Judy