Looking for seed hopper

Share your favorite books and links here.
lnlovesorange
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Re: Looking for seed hopper

Post by lnlovesorange » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:41 pm

I'm with Elana on this one, eveything I tried (like something that had to be taped, or plastic wrap) they birds decided that was fun to eat, more fun than the food.... They just have to chew on everything! I also read somewhere that it is in their nature to do this because in the wild when they toss seeds that is basically how they help the planet and polinate (so to speak) by tossing the seeds to the ground they can grow that plant .... So it's thier instinct to toss, and our slavery lovezebs to clean up after them, and no trees will be growing out of my tile floor.... :sigh:

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:47 pm

lnlovesorange

Not yet, lol...
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

GouldieFledge
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by GouldieFledge » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:48 am

Sojourner Do you have any pictures of your cage sitting in the plant tray? I'm trying to envision what this looks like.

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:21 pm

GouldieFledge

No, but I'll get some ...

And here they are:

BTW, I got those shelves from thewebstaurantstore.com - you buy the shelves whatever size you want and however many you want, and the poles whatever length you want. And they are one piece poles no matter how tall you go, which makes these a lot more stable and rigid than the sort of shelves you can buy from the hardware store and what-not. And for the size they are cheaper! Mine are 7 or 8' tall (I have 9.5' ceilings). The shelves are 2'x4' - hard to find size at most conventional retail outlets (like hardware stores).
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

GouldieFledge
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by GouldieFledge » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Aha! I see what you're saying now. Good idea, thanks Sojourner!

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:38 am

GouldieFledge

NP, always glad if I can pass something useful along. It happens so seldom, LOL!
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.