Texas breeders all species shout out!

Share your favorite books and links here.
Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Texas breeders all species shout out!

Post by Sally » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:16 pm

There will be lots of finch vendors at the May mart in Cleburne, TX. The majority of the finch vendors are all in a row, on the wall to the left as you enter the room--we call it Finch Row. I know for sure there will be lots of Societies and Zebras, and there should be Gouldians, Stars, Owls. I don't know for sure about waxbills, except that I doubt seriously that there will be any Yellow-bellied waxbills for sale. They are fairly rare, I do have some, but no breeding going on, so none are for sale. One vendor has had BCCB and Fires in the past, just not sure what he will have at this mart.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Blackbirdfly
Pip
Pip

Post by Blackbirdfly » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Thanks so much! I look forward to it. I assumed I'd have a hard time finding Yellow bellies but had to ask:) I love the dispositions! If you have breeding success with them and find yourself looking to sell in the future I'm certainly interested :wink: . I've gone to the April bird fair in Lafayette, Louisiana in the past, but now that I'm so much closer to this bird mart I can't pass it up! Hoping to meet some area breeders and find new feathered friends. Any type of Cordon Bleus will scratch my itch but I'd also consider bringing home a pair of either owls or gouldians if I can't find CBs.
Meg Black

Colt
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Colt » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:05 pm

I will be at the Cleburne Bird Mart and should have the following available:

- Fawn Javas
- Gouldians (all head colors, PB and GB although I may have some YB, BB, and GB/BB splits)
- Normal/Isabelle Shaft-tails
- Zebra Finches (several mutations)
- Society Finches (several mutations)
- Diamond Doves (White-rumped Blue and Blue)

May possibly have:

- Owls (probably all normals)
- Red-cheeked Cordon Bleus that are captive bred
- Strawberries
- Gold-breasted Waxbills
- Chestnut-breasted Mannikins
- Bourke Parakeets
- Button Quail

Amethyst Starling
BF and RT Parrot Finch
Chestnut-breasted Mannikin
Lady Gouldian
Owl Finch
Shaft-tail Finch
Society Finch
Star Finch
Strawberry
Tri-colored Nun
Zebra Finch
Diamond Dove
Bourke & Scarlet-chested Parakeet

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brushy-C ... 0659711916

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:17 pm

Mrs.V-Perez wrote: Where is Lubbock ,midland and San Angelo breeders ? I am the one and only out here in west texas?
I will be moving to Lubbock soon (or soon-ish, either in 6 months or in a year and a half or so).

But I'm NOT a breeder. I, too, would like to know if there are any breeders closer than a 5 or 6 hour drive, LOL!
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.