finch breeders

Share your favorite books and links here.
dearbhail
Pip
Pip

finch breeders

Post by dearbhail » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:19 pm

hi all,

god i love this forum!!! when things settle in and as my aviary expands...i would like to add a couple more species of finches...anyone have any breeders they could recommend for lavender waxbills, gold breasted waxbills, and red-cheeked cordon bleus?

any links, thoughts, suggesstions all welcomed!!

thanks much to the folks who answered my previous post on owl issues. When I get home I will play the wave files you sent me to see if my birds are boys or girls hopefully....i do have have lots of plastic non toxic plants in my aviary, lots of grass, ivy and ohter mixes, the birds love to hide in them.

for now, I have removed all nesting materials, put the aggressor back in the common aviary and they seem to be getting along much better. as i don't want any babies...i guess this works out ok. I still would like to know why they didn't exhibit this aggression before, but will take what I can get!

thanks again to everyone!

TammyS
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by TammyS » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:22 pm

Someone had just mentioned on one of the yahoo groups regarding red-cheeks and bringing them to a bird mart - I believe it was in CA.

Other than that - I don't have any links for you. All of the birds you listed are very difficult to find - especially the lavenders.

Good luck on your search!